iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your weather today........a little breezy!

Started by mike_van, December 17, 2007, 08:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_van

I keep this link http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/cam/deck/ in my favorites - Mt. Washington New Hampshire - At one point today the wind was blowing 115 mph, for a wind chill temp of -60 F.   
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

sprucebunny

Sure felt that cold when I drove by the base of the Mountain, today !

However, 115mph is only half the speed of the record wind  :o
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

isawlogs

It sure felt like that on da bike ... I need a heater and a cab ... Oh .. wait a minute , alls I need is my truck  ::)

Quote from: sprucebunny on December 17, 2007, 09:51:40 PM
Sure felt that cold when I drove by the base of the Mountain, today !

Joan , turning the heater on at this time and closing the windows would almost solve that issue  ;)  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

The first time I went by in the morning visibility was real short in blowing snow. It just LOOKED so cold out  :o

Second time, my pants were almost thawed and the windows were fogged up even with the heat going... had to leave the window down a little  ;)
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

woodmills1

yes, we got some cold and breezy goin on here in Live Free or  Die tonight.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

Somebody up there shut the door!  please :-\

isawlogs

There its shut ....   Sure makes heating this house easier , ya shoud of spoke up a while back .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

Thanks isawlogs!   28° in florida is a bit too much.  :)

woodmills1

door shut but uninsulated walls still leaking
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Tom

Warbird

Somebody shut the door and now all the cold air is back where it belongs...  right in my back yard!  -26 F this morning and they are calling for -40 F by the end of the week.  :(

Steve

How's the ice fog? I actually liked the cold bright blue skies but the ice fog in town was pretty depressing.

Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Carries-Mom

Not that bad down here in Central Florida except with the wind 8)..Leaving work at 9:30 last night was cold...it was about 49 but with the wind it felt like the 30's... :D

fuzzybear

I just want to know who pointed the fans twards the north??? You southern boys and girls are warming it up to much for us. It's a cool -19c here this morning. supposed to hit -30 again tonight.
   This is the warmest December I can remember for 20 years. It's usually -35 in the day and -40's at night.  Coldest Christmas I can remember was -75c and with the wind they said it was -99.  You could hear the trees splitting from the cold. I remember that especially because I had a squirrel move into my cabin for 4 days. We had some interesting conversations. :-\

I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Thank You Sponsors!