iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Better days!

Started by bedway, December 15, 2007, 11:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedway

Normally when i get up on saturday mornings i watch a little television. PBS has yankee workshop, this old house etc. They had something else on today so i surfed the channels and ended up watching leave it to beaver. Part way thru the show, the wife and i looked at each other as if something had dawned on us at the same time. The old shows like my three sons, ozzie and harriet, leave it to beaver were classics. These and many other old shows were not only entertaining and classic, but they had a theme or a good message to the story line. When you see the Junk thats on tv nowdays aimed at youth it makes you understand why so many young kids are so troubled today.,,,,food for thought!!!,,bedway

rbhunter

I totally agree with you on that one and also look at what the messages commercials send to people other than advertisements.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

SwampDonkey

Since the 1990's there was only one or two sitcoms I watched much and that was Seinfeld and Fraser. Even those shows were nothing special. I liked quite a few sitcoms in the 70's and 80's, too many to list. ;D There isn't a single show on the networks that I watch now.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawdust

Fellow wrote a couple books in the sixties called "Four Arguements for the Elimination of Television" His name was Jerry Mander. Also wrote one called "In the Absence of the Sacred"

I think the man was brilliant and his words are more true today than when he wrote them.
Mrs. Sawdust and I don't own a television. Mander was preaching to the converted here.

comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Thank You Sponsors!