iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some of my first Pens

Started by Don K, December 12, 2007, 03:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimMoore

WDH

Wow Terry, those pens are wonderful!

Don,  the penwood express may run again soon as I have something that you will like ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments.  :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

8) 8) 8) I haven't gotten a box from GA in a while. Got something nice, huh?

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Don K

Well, it being the season, I cranked out 5 pens last weekend for my stepson to give to his football coaches. 3 were well known woods in the pen making world but two were from woods that forum members give me. One was Big Leaf Maple Burl from Burlkraft via Radar67( correct me if I'm wrong Terry). The other was from a box that Pasbuild sent to me. It was filled with what are exotics to this southern boy. I think it was Hard Maple Burl but I am posting a pic in hopes of someone identifying it for me. I hope the pics are good enough to tell what it is.

Bob,again thank you for the blanks. My stepson said the pen was well received by the coach that got this pen.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Radar67

I remember sending you some Big Leaf Maple Burl, some flame cedar and several other that Burlkraft sent me. Least I could do after getting that spalted water oak from you.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Don K

I cut up a bunch of blanks from the walnut limbs and crotch the other day. Got some pretty good figure in it. If me and the wife get a chance to come over I'll bring you some.

Don

Dodgy Loner

Sure looks like cherry burl to me, Don.  Nice job with it!
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Don K

:D :D :D Dug up a really old thread and think I might have found out what type of wood these new pens are made from. The wood came from Pasbuild. Dodgy Loner thought it might be cherry burl. It looks like the same wood in the previous post.

All I know is it is some beautiful wood and we don't have it in Alabama that I know of. :(

Don

WDH

Wow, they are still beautiful  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tree Feller

Nice pens, DonK and good to see another pen crafter here. It's a fun thing to do and a good way to put those scraps and cut-offs to good use.
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

SwampDonkey

I can remember the day, that sitting in a luxury car you might see cherry burl or birdseye veneer on the dash and doors. Although, I think what I saw was actually a simulated veneer. I never sat in many luxury cars. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pasbuild

Hard Maple Burl, they look great Don 8)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!