iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My First Floor per Woodmizer, Nyle, and Logosol

Started by MikeH, December 10, 2007, 11:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Here are some scraps of quartersawn white oak I have been collecting the last year. This was the first flooring I made on the logosol, So I had to try it in my house first to make sure it looks okay. Its clear coated and my wife loves it. ;)

LOGDOG

Beautiful! Love the rays. Dig the spalting and figure in that hutch too.

LOGDOG

footer

Lil Badger Creek

Mike,
Looks very nice!!! Is that 3" and 5"? I think you've got it figured out, to look "right"!! Now you have a sample to sell off of.
Stephen

jrokusek

WOW!  Nice "scraps" as you put it.  Your scraps look better than my woodworking projects.

Which Logosol do you have and how do you like it.  I just got some literature from the company and really like the looks of their stuff.

Bibbyman

Good lookin' stuff! 

Some day I'd like to make stuff.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

John_Haylow

2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Dana

Nice work on the floor. What is the darker edge wood, walnut?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Nate Surveyor

I know less than I used to.

IL Bull

Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

brdmkr

Looks Good!

I'll have to use Lucas, Solar, and Woodmaster :D
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Robert Long

Very nice job 8) 8)

Is that floor done the conventionally way with unfinished installation then sanding and glazing?

What thickness is the hardwood?

I always thought it would be too hard to compete with the big guys when it comes to hardwood flooring, but this floor blows them away! ;)

Robert

Ron Scott

~Ron

MikeH

Thanks, you're all very kind!
The widths are 1.5" 2.25" 3.0" 3.75" and 4.5" to get the most out of what I accumulated (3/4" thick).  The logosol is a ph260 I got used and works great but not exactly a speed demon. It would be hard to make money on flooring with it I think unless you paying someone $4.50 hour to do it and then it would have to be special stuff you can't buy at the store. Its a great way to use unwanted wood though.
I did fill a few small gaps and sand the floor before finishing to hide a few errors by rookie operator of logosol. ;D

WDH

WOW!  Looks great!  I love the dark border, walnut it looks like.  That Q-sawn WO is gorgeous, and you did very fine job putting it down.  I would be very proud ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MikeH

customsawyer

Looks very nice and just in time for high traffic of Christmas.
Leave it to WDH to tell us what that other wood is. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Looks like Dana sniffed out the walnut ;D.  It is real pretty 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

That is beautiful!

The QS ray fleck just sparkle's! 8) 8)  I like how the flooring runs across the narrow pathway.  Very distinctive. ;)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!