iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

calling mr. bob Falk

Started by bandmiller2, December 09, 2007, 06:52:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Bob do you folks up at the lab have ,or know of ,any book or articles on hammering or roll tensioning circular head saws.It can't be the black art its made out to be.many thanks Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

rfalk

Frank,
I will certainly look into it and send you whatever we have in our files. Due to travel and vacation, I probably won't be back in the office before the first of the year ....If you need some help before then, I would suggest calling John (Rusty) Dramm of our lab. You can reach him at (608) 231-9200. Rusty is probably the most knowledgeable person we have regarding the sawmilling industry. Let me know if you run into a dead end and I will try to do some more digging for you. Cheers, Bob
Wood engineer, woodworker, chainsaw miller, bandsaw miller, all around lover of wood.
Stihl 026, 361, 076 AV

bandmiller2

Bob thanks so much,please enjoy your time away.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Dave Shepard

I have a series of books called Audels Carpenters and Builders Guides, that go into saw maintenance in detail. Apparently they didn't just want you to know how to nail up a few boards, they wanted you to know how to saw them out as well. :D I'll dig them out tonight and see which book has the saw sharpening in it. If I forget, PM me and get me off my chair. ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Tom

I seem to remember Beenthere making a post that had an URL that took you to a book on hammering.

Thank You Sponsors!