iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new orange tractor.

Started by Raider Bill, December 05, 2007, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Today I bought a l-4200 kubota 4wd with Frontend loader, backhoe, grader, bushhog and pallet forks.
Going to be a great addition to my arsenal on the hill! 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Dave Shepard

Cool! Where's the pictures? :)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

wesdor

Congrats! I believe you will be very happy with that workhorse.  A friend has a 3400 (much smaller than yours).  All I can say about the Kubota is they "take a lickin and still keep workin".

You have a great tool there.

dancan

boy , i'm just greenorange with envy  :)

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Orange you going to share more pictures?

We all like pictures...

york

Too bad Kubota does not build trucks...
Albert

scsmith42

Bill, that's a great acquisition!  Enjoy!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Burlkraft

Hey Bill,

Congrats on the tractor. I have a 4630 and I don't know what I would do without it  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

The best thing is it matches my WM perrrrrrfectly.......
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Warbird

Very nice, sir!  I'd love to have something like that when I build our next house.

WDH

Those roads are in for a treat ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Raider Bill

Hopefully this will put a end to renting bobcats at $900 a week!
Fixed a hydrulic leak last night just had to tighten a fitting but in order to do that I had to remove some other stuff.
Not going to have much time to play with it this trip as I am behind in my building. Next trip will be floor trusses/joists 12 feet up so I can see this baby helping there.

Dave Shepard

Sounds like you're going to have to make a little crane to go on your forks to get the height. ;) The toys you will need for the tractor are endless. :D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Raider Bill

Adds a whole new dimension to buying stuff I never considered before! :P ;D

Handy Andy

Do you have a basket for your Kubota yet?  I used one 14' long on my Case skidsteer when building my daughters house.  It went high enough to do the siding and sofit and feisha, and start the shingles on the walkout side.   It is built so it sets up about 2 1/2' off the ground when the loader is clear down.  Not quite as good as a telehandler, but terrific if you don't have one.   Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Raider Bill

Do you have a pix?
14' long? That's a nice work area.
I remember someone here used a pallet and put sides on it.

Handy Andy

Wish I knew how to do pix.  Basically the basket is a 3'x 14' frame made of channel iron with the channel to the inside  with a plywood floor and a steel railing.  If you can imagine a skidsteer plate mounted on the side below the platform.  If you have forks, you could just build some steel rectangular  tubes to put your forks through.  If your loader goes high enough, just mount the tubes right under the frame with platform.
Makes a scaffold that you can move around as you need to.  We would load up the material and tools needed, then just drive it into place and take a ladder to get onto it.
     Does that make sense?  Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Thank You Sponsors!