iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cancer causing fishing lure

Started by Sawyerfortyish, April 26, 2003, 04:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

Just bought my kids some new spinners on the back of the Rooster tail package is a warning about something the spinner is made from causing cancer in CA. :o.What about the rest of us elsewhere?Are they just nuts in CA? what could possibly be that bad in a fishing lure? :-/ If it is that bad who would want to eat what this lure touched. Has anyone else seen ant thing like this?

Furby

Yeah, I've seen that before. I think CA just goes a BIT overboard on just about everything. :o :o :o
 Look at how long we have fished with lead products, there will always be something.

Tillaway

Yep, pretty much state law.  Everything you sale basically has to carry that warning.  Also every business needs a hazzardous waste disposal permit.  Even if you are doing books at home.  As soon as you through out an empty pen, ink cartridge or basically anything you are violating state law if you don't have one.  Ironically most business don't realise this, and these laws are selectively enforced here, as are most laws.

By the way California cost of doing business is the highest in the nation.  34% higher then the next closest.  It also has the highest workmans comp rates in the nation with the among the lowest benefits paid to the worker.  The thought here is that the businesses have to have a presence in the state because of the population size.  So the bureacrats tax, permit, and put fees on everything.  The city of Redding requires a new startup business to pay all the first years taxes on income before you even open the doors.  They wonder why we lose businesses to other states.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Jason_WI

Good thing I live in good ol WI.  ;D
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

WV_hillbilly

i 'm  glad I live in Ohio . That sounds like too many people don't have enough hobbies to keep them out of other peoples business. It's the I know whats best for you syndrome and do as I say not as I do. >:( The Not in my backyard syndrome also would fit here. So much for my few seconds of blowin off.  I hope you have as much fun as I do takin my kids fishing. Good luck and don't catch to many or they will outlaw or put a warning on having too much fun. ;)
Hillbilly

SawInIt CA

It is soo bad in California that they are going to outlaw round hay bales. Something about the cows not getting three square meals a day :D

Tillaway

Now thats bad...hmmm... don't give them any ideas. ;D
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Thank You Sponsors!