iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood Pellet Prices?

Started by johnjbc, December 04, 2007, 08:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnjbc

We moved my Daughter and her 2 Sons into a trailer this Fall, and it came with a Pellet Stove. So far she is burning about a 40 lb. bag a day. The stove works well but you have to clean out the clunkers once a week and carry in a bag of pellets once a day. At $4.10 a day / $123 a month it got to be cheaper than the eclectic head in the trailer.
So far I have found the following prices per ton, on Pellets in this area.
Tractor Supply    $238
Stove Store          $209
Wertz Coal          $205

What are prices in your area?

LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Coon

Canuckistanian prices are about $275.00/ ton. >:(
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

stonebroke

I thought Canuckistan had more trees than you knew what to do with, so why is the price higher?

Stonebroke

thecfarm

I suppose you mean a pallet as a ton. I've seen $280 in this area.But this was only at one store.They had it spray painted in big numbers,that's why I saw it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Coon

Yes a pallet of pellets is around a ton.  There are 50 bags @ 40lbs each.

snowgrumer

$220 a ton here in Central NY

johnjbc

snowgrumer
It's a small world. I used to work in Ilion, at the Univac Training Center. Was there last spring to drop off my gun for repair at the arm's plant.
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

SwampDonkey

I wonder if they use the hog fuel itself to make/dry the pellets? If they use petroleum, that is why they are more costly in Canada, because of higher petroleum taxes, even though we produce a lot more than we consume. Then again, they have to be higher priced.......well because they are Canadian. That's the kind of logic we deal with , with the bean counters. We have to sell higher to the domestic market than the export. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

stonebroke

Swampdonkey

That explains it perfectly, maybe, somewhat

Stonebroke

farmerdoug

SD,

That may explain our current governors' problem.  ::) She is from Canada you know. ;)  Want her back? ??? :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

SwampDonkey

Well I tell ya it's true.

Now we have Enbridge, a natural gas distributor, going to the utilities board to hike the natural gas prices. They have all this new pipe laying going on and not enough domestic customers to pay for it. So the few, who are mostly industry users, are going to get a price jump to subsidize the infrastructure. Meanwhile the export gas is on world price.

Isn't that just lovely of them.  ::)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

snowgrumer

johnjbc,
Wow, I haven't heard UNIVAC in a long time ! They just opened the largest pellet mfg. plant in the state just up the road in Schuyler ... hopefully the price for pellets will come down a bit now.

D._Frederick

The last issue of Sawmill & Woodlot have an add for a pellet boiler. Do any of you guy's in the NE part of the country know any thing about this company?

Qweaver

Pellets here in central WV at Tractor Supply and at a local feed store are $185 per ton.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

boulderridge

The thing to do is to get with a local feed-store, around this time of year, and place your order. Their orders usually come in sometime in the late spring. They usually want paid then or soon after. I deal with the local Agway, Culler's, in McConnellsburg, PA. Last years price was $175.00. :)

stonebroke

How come pellets get cheaper the futher south you go?

stonebroke

Furby

stonebroke

What to more volume lower prices.

Stonebroke

Furby

Must buy/higher "need" = charge as you please.

SwampDonkey

;D ;D

Just wait till a lot more get hooked.  ;)  Keep corporations out of it and I'm all for it. :)

Coon

After this winter I will be UNHOOKED ;) on them. 

CRThomas

Quote from: Coon on December 04, 2007, 12:14:04 PM
Canuckistanian prices are about $275.00/ ton. >:(
I feel I like I am cheating my self at a $1.00 a bag chips are waste in the firewood business. I sell them by the bag cause I get to much waste on hand can't burn it all in my drier CRT

Thank You Sponsors!