iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cant Hook, vs Peavey

Started by Nate Surveyor, December 03, 2007, 10:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Surveyor

I have a long time friend from grade school, who is in the firewood business. He asked me about what kind of log stand to get. I said a Log Rite. And gave him the web site address.
Now, he wants to know if he should get a peavey, or cant hook with the log stand.

I don't know. I sort of lean towards the peavey, as it looks like it is easier to stick it in the ground. But, I defer to your better judgment. What would you tell him?

Most of the trees he cuts are around 15" dia. Occasionally a 24" one. I suggested a 5' model, but what would be best for him?

Thanks,

Nate
I know less than I used to.

Dan_Shade

i use my 60" peavey a lot, it's the first one I grab, most of the time.  I have a 48" too, and it's too small for most things.  the main reason I like the peavey is being able to stick it into the ground.  I'll probably buy another one at some point so I don't have to bend over to pick up a cant hook.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!