iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

mono chainsaw

Started by ely, December 03, 2007, 04:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

what can anyone tell me about these saws. i can see that it is old and i can see that it it all there. except for the toggle switch on top is broke.
it still has good compression, at least it seems like it does.

to me it just looks cool, and i really think it can run again. i can get it for 40 bucarooneys.

mike_van

Sure wish you got a photo of it Ely, I'd like to see what 40 bucarooneys buys these days -  :D ;D :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

leweee

;D  Ely....does it look like these. ;D

MONO
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Bro. Noble

Somewhere a long time ago, Mono saws were mentioned on the forum.  A little more information was given about that company ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

thecfarm

Do a search on mono.You will find a couple posts.It's only one page.You will find some about fishing line too.Here's one post with pictures,   https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=11917.0
I would buy it for $40 and just hang in up in my shed or garage.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olyman

dad had one just before he bought a new homelite--heavy dog--but then--all of them old ones were---and didnt cut real fast either---

ely

ely

well folks i done it, i am now the owner of the beast. so to speak. i will try and get a picture posted on here before the day is out. i hope it will start and run as i expect to use it to impress all the ladies. 8)

ely

NOW I HAVE A TECHNICAL QUESTION oops. not that tech. it says 16 to one mix ratio. will the current nowadays mix oil work in it . or would it be best to go with the sae30# non detergent motor oil. no hurry i am aways off from blast off i think.

sawguy21

My buddy insisted on running 30W at 16:1 in his old Johnson outboard just like he did as a kid. The thing was hard to start, would not idle, and puked vanilla colored sludge (water and unburned oil) from the exhaust port.
I suggest trying two stroke oil at 20:1 or even 24:1 but that is as lean as I would go. The old saws have bushings instead of high speed bearings. Just my 2 cents.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ely

i will try my bestest to get the photos today. thanks for the info on the mix.

ely

ely

that is what 40 buckarooneys buys here anyway. ;D

mike_van

Thanks Ely - Got it runnin' yet?  The link leweee posted said 1960 - 1961, it sure looks older.   Last time I was in Oklahoma was in the early 70's, at Ft Sill - 40  buckarooneys  would set you up for a whole week at the NCO club!  ;D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

ely

not running yet but i am not working real steady on it either. i will give an update with pics when i start though.

40 buckarooneys will still set you up in ft sill today, but i am afraid its not the nco club....... ;D

leweee

Quote from: elyi expect to use it to impress all the ladies. 8)
So that's what 40 buckaroos of lady impresser looks like. :D :D :D
Looks like an oldie but a goodie. 8)

At 16:1 the ladies will be impressed at how well it repells mosquitos. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!