iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used a chainsaw for the first time today...

Started by BrandonTN, November 30, 2007, 08:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandonTN

.....for 5 wearisome minutes.  ;D ;) And I must say, I have a new-found respect for those that make their living logging.  My hat's off to them!

The forestry club at my school sell firewood to raise funds.  We sawed up a couple of "slash" white oak logs, and felled one dead hickory still standing. (Also my first time witnessing a tree-felling in person.....awesome.)

Those were the most exciting 5 minutes I've had in a long time.  8)

Forester, Nantahala National Forest

metalspinner

Brandon,
You should drive down the road to my place and use the 066 with the 36" bar for a few minutes. ;)  Really cool. :)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

Brandon,

My wife still has a cookie cut from a hickory in 1975 as part of a silviculture class (she was in the class too, but not my wife then :)) where we were felling some trees for a class project!  Your post brings back some good old memories.

Thank you ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Al

See my post about the chainsaw/felling class and come on up. It will teach you how to be safe in the woods.
Hayward is just a little ways north of you and the heat there in January is much less oppressive than in Tennesee.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!