iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer switches

Started by bandmiller2, November 28, 2007, 06:39:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Sparks don't shoot me ,but have any of you guys found a local supplier foe those little piggy back switches woodmizer uses for their controls,like Grainger. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

WH_Conley

Nope. Checked the industrial supple places.
Bill

Bibbyman

I've seen switchs in Grainger catalog that look like they were the same as the ones Wood-Mizer uses.
But they come in a NEMA 4 case and the prices are 3 times what Wood-Mizer charges.

Grainger Switch

I have made field repair on these switches to tide me over until I can get a new one.

Mary called me for breakfast so I'll look up my post later.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Here is the post I made on repairing an switch with broken contacts with contacts out of another old switch.

Spare parts on hand

This info won't help you if you don't have an old switch.

Also,  sometimes it's just the spring that needs replacing.  Wood-Mizer has the springs available so you don't have to buy a whole switch.

BTW.  I posted this in March and we got a new switch in the box but are still using this old one.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

pineywoods

Bibby, we think alike. I just did the same thing last week. broken contact on fwd switch replaced with one off an old up/down switch. 30 min repair vs waiting 3 days for a new one.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Robert Long

I changed most of the electronics as they came due on the hours of service chart in the manual.
These parts are all organized in a parts drawer......they are worn but not out of repair and are my    "repair kit" should I need a repair.

Robert

sparks

We buy the switches from our supplier and the finger system is modified by them to work on our mill.  If you buy them locally they cost more and you would have to modify the finger system to match our configuration.       
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!