iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what smells?

Started by ely, November 28, 2007, 11:10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

thats what i ask my dad the other day. it seems that he had fished an old ash log out of the junk pile and sawed it up the other day. it was partiallt rotted and partially spalted and mostly stinky. he told me it had some sort of jelly fungus stuff growing on it or in it. it had an odor about it a few days ago that i could not begin to put words to. he has it strip stacked by his mill. yesterday while i was sawing a pine log at my mill the stench had been downgraded to , really fresh dog doodie that has been ground into floor mats in a pickup truck and sucked up into the heater and blown back into your face ,sort of smell. maybe in a week or two i will be able to saw logs without making the terrible faces, you know the faces, like when you try sawing the log clamp off your mill with a new band. yeah that face.

Tom

That's got to be one putrid, smelly log!

Robert Long

Sounds like you could use one of toughs scented candles! :D :D :D

Robert

dad2nine

Maybe on of those pine tree air fresheners hanging from the rear view mirror

Furby

ely

good news, i drove by the mill yesterday eve. and i seen that dad had loaded all the problem up on the bobcat and carted away.
i just had a terrible thought though, he may have put it into the drying shed. that would be a bad thing.

Tom

You are going to go look and let us know, aren't you ???

Stephen

Check the bottom of your boots? :D

;D Stephen  ;D
1994 WoodMizer LT40G18. 69 acres mixed wood. 1952 ford tractor, Norse 290 winch, studed Norse ice chains. 45-66DT Fiat.

Thank You Sponsors!