iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

that time again

Started by woodmills1, November 22, 2007, 06:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

time to get ready for cold cold cold.  Move the mill so you can put it on fresh ground.  Frozen sawdust around the mill is a pain.  Put blocks under the feet so they don't freeze to the ground.  Raise the loader off the ground when not using the mill, not only will it freeze, it will break the velocity fuses.  Make sure your choke is closing all of the way and last but not least, tighten up that flapping alternator belt.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

timcosby

and move south where it's 70 degrees.

Coon

But then again you could move way up north where it's really cold and then you wouldn't have to worry bout sawing till it warms up and the snow melts. :D :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

LeeB

I'll stick to the warmer climes, thank you. :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

blueduck

I for one love the snow, about 6 i nches of it, 20 degrees, sunshiny day in the middle of January after the normal January thaw and chinnok winds and you can not beat it.  No bugs and a person can still run around in a t-shirt if they are of a mind to and keep warm [ok as i get older I usually keep a long sleeve henley on and maybe a wool sweater or just a sweatshirt, but i still dont wear gloves].

The worst weather for me is 32-45 degrees and fog or dew in the air, the carb ices up on the volkswagon  engine and i have to shut it down for a few minutes til the heat works it way up the throat and then i can run for awhile longer.... even with time wear i fabricated out of an old coffee can it still tends to ice up if the moisture in the air gets to heavy..... and since i aint under a roof i dont work in the rain for more than a few minutes cause the filter sux that in and then i got real problems!  plus everyone knows folks like me are made of sugar  [cause we sweat the salt out during the summer heat] and we melt in the rain [unless we are fishin and they are bitin!!]  But I dont ice fish, never could figger those folks who set on a block of ice and dipped their poles in a hole to reach the water [though i got a kick out of "Grumpy Old Men" a few years ago]

The days it snows fresh and a person takes the dogs out and runs a cat track makes up for the cold weather around here too, though since my dad-in-law passed last February and i used to run with his dogs and ended up selling them, I doubt if I will run for awhile yet, though one of the fellers who got a pup wants to give me a pup this comin spring...... what proposition for cause of divorce..... [but thats another story]..... I love the race and eating cougar jerky has been interesting as well once in awhile.

Nope I will stay in the high country for several reasons the southern folk will probably never understand!!!

William
Central Idaho mountains
Upon the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions, who when on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.
- John Dretschmer

beenthere

Sounds real good to me... 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!