iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I dod da mudda ob all...

Started by DanG, November 21, 2007, 11:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

...head codes. :-\  By dode id aww topped up, ad by hed hurds.  I teak ib id wud addy wuss, I would hab to pud dis id da prayer tread. :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dave Shepard

Sorry to hear that DanG. Funny thing is, I've been threatening to move to Florida for the last five days to try and escape such maladies. :( Wonder how many colds you get in Fred and Harold land.

Dave

Just realized, haven't heard anything from the treedude lately, must be busy.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Watch out for that "cough medicine" ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

I aid dod do cawb bedtin.  I tig I'b goda ead tub gridz.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Left Coast Chris

Dan,

If your sinuses get pressurized like mine, suggest using some buffered saline solution spray.  I use Ocean brand.    Bend over and get your head upside down and shoot in three or four squirts then stand up and bend your head backwards to slosh the stuff around the sinuses.   

Get ready to blow allot of stuff out.... it usually frees you up pretty good.  The germs do not like the salt.   Of course standing over the pot while cooking the grits could free up the sinuses too.... :) :)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Furby

Quote from: Left Coast Chris on November 22, 2007, 12:10:29 AM
Of course standing over the pot while cooking the grits could free up the sinuses too.... :) :)

So THAT'S how grits are really made! :o
No wonder I'm not a fan of them! ;)

Warbird

Quote from: Furby on November 22, 2007, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: Left Coast Chris on November 22, 2007, 12:10:29 AM
Of course standing over the pot while cooking the grits could free up the sinuses too.... :) :)

So THAT'S how grits are really made! :o
No wonder I'm not a fan of them! ;)

:D :D I knew there was a good reason why I didn't like them!

Swede

Quote from: DanG on November 21, 2007, 11:44:02 PM
...head codes. :-\  By dode id aww topped up, ad by hed hurds.  I teak ib id wud addy wuss, I would hab to pud dis id da prayer tread. :'(

Some posts takes some time to understand for a poor Swede but finally............ :D
We don´t have Rust Reaper in Sweden but I´ve heard a lot good about it. ;D I hope You´ll be well soon!

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Handy Andy

I've been using Zicam when I feel a cold coming on.  Seems to head it off.  Anyway I feel better the next day.  Jim
My name's Jim, I like wood.

thecfarm

That is no fun at all.I know how you feel.I know that does not help a bit.I drink alot of OJ this time of year.When I feel just a little bit of a cold coming on,a quart goes down my throat a couple times a day until the threat is gone.
My wife has a fit with grocery carts.Some stores have the wipes to clean them before using them.That is a great idea.
She also has a fit the way I eat.I don't each much,if any for veggies.Too green for me.She feels I should have colds all the time.
See what eating grits will do for you??????   :D   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Burlkraft

DanG...That sounds bad...So bad I thought it was a Yooper post  :D  :D  :D  :D

Jeff gave me a head and chest cold before I left the UP  :-\  :-\  :-\

I guess I'd rather have that than fallin' upside down down the stairs   ::)  ::)  ::)

I hope yer feelin' good enough ta eat turkey today   ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Ya thought I'd miss that dincha. You came to da up withdat and left part of it when you went home. If I had someone to talk to I would sound like DanG
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

I've been using Chelated Zinc lozenges, and like Handy Andy, they seem to head off the colds before they enrage into full blown DanG ones. It's worked well for me, over the last 4 years. Knock on wood.

One or two lozenges when I feel the tingling in the throat, eyes, and chest. Next day, gone. The last full blown cold, which kept me coughing for over a month, was the fall of '03.

Hope you feel better soon, all who have the DanG cold.

Beautiful white Thanksgiving morning....

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

asy

Exactly WHERE is Rust Reaper a remedy for a head cold?!  lol

Dan, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Also sorry to hear the head cold has progressed all the way into your fingers.

When we have chest colds we use something called "Senega and ammonia". It's a FOUL brew, bought from a pharmacy, you put a tablespoon into a glass and pour about half a cup of hot water over the top. Then you sip it and inhale the steam from it. Oh boy does it clear the chest... 

Hope you're better soon,

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

Thags everybody!  I tried typing like I sound last night, and now I can't even figure out what I was saying. :D :D

No turkey for me this time around.  I've been quarantined and won't be able to join the crowd at my Husband-in-Law's (Linda's ex) house.  I won't get to enjoy the screaming and disrespectful Grandkids running everywhere, or the blowhards boasting about deer hunting, or all the women getting ramped up for shopping trips.  Instead, I'll have to stay here by myself in the peace and quiet and watch football without interruptions.  Oh woe is me!

Maybe I will huff some Rustreaper.  It does have Wintergreen in it, ya know.

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Burlkraft on November 22, 2007, 08:03:41 AM

There's a kind of cough medicine called 'wild turkey' that might be just the thing for such an occasion ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

pineywoods

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on November 22, 2007, 11:09:40 AM
Quote from: Burlkraft on November 22, 2007, 08:03:41 AM

There's a kind of cough medicine called 'wild turkey' that might be just the thing for such an occasion ;)

Might not cure it, but you won't care  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

crtreedude

We don't get colds in Costa Rica - since it is never cold, it really doesn't make sense, now does it? But there is something called Gripe which is very simlar.

At much more apt in my opinion because you tend to gripe a lot when you get it... ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

DanG

Gripe is probably a better word for it.  It ain't cold here either.  Been near 80 the last few days and nighttime temps are in the 60s.  That's supposed to change tonight though.

bull

gripe or Grip ????
Around here the Grip is the green apple two step or hershey squirts... hope that aint his perdicament
Sounds more to me like he's all snotted up wit a head and chest cold...

get out the Vick's good luck

Ed_K

Dan, hot black coffee pore some vodka over it and breath the fumes  ;) then drink da coffee 8) works for me. I have learned that when I get a cold its cause I stopped some where and got it off the handle of da coffee pot  :( .
Ed K

DanG

According to Webster:

Gripe=what Bull said

Grip=Grippe

Grippe=an early term for influenza(fr)

DanG the bored

sawguy21

While Linda is partyin' at the outlaw's, take a bottle of Buckley's with a rum chaser. You won't know whether to fly or die. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

Hey DanG  think what you need is to find some good ole horseradish and garlic.  Eat lots of it.  It works and seeing as you are gonna be home alone, nobody's gonna care whether you have alot of gas or you start backfiring through your carburater...  :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D smiley_sick smiley_sick :D :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!