iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sometimes its the little things that become huge.

Started by Jeff, November 20, 2007, 12:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneWithWood

Jeff, leave me the 20 acres.  Ok?

Sure hope you have not scared off all the deer  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

pigman

I want your ATV. 8)  It is not as fast as the old Polaris I use to own, but it is better than none. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

DouginUtah

Uh, uh. The really, really fine print of the contract says it goes back to the previous owner.

As you know, dat be me!
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Furby

Yeah, but seeing how I'm closer, I bet I can get to it faster and possesion is 9/10 of the law! ;)

Jeff

...I also leave two pair of jersey gloves to whoever takes the quad. they are laying slightly off the front of where I park it in the brush. I dont care if they are still there after a long hard yooper winter, cause I sure wont want them back again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Jeff

Furby

Thanks, those jersey gloves are top notch. 8)
I wear a couple different pairs through out a winter, can always use another pair! :)

Gary_C

This discussion remind me of something I just read, although I don't remember where. It said "somebody wants your body!"   ;D

No not for that, it just means that your parts are worth a lot of money.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Norm

The problem Gary is that they already harvested the good stuff, like kidneys, while he was down in CR. Oh sure Fred said it was a vacation but how else could he afford a new Baker sawmill :D

Nate Surveyor

Does not sound like there will be anything left for me.

:'( :'( :'(

Maybe I could have 'is old fishing pole. God knows, it did not get used enough!

N
I know less than I used to.

sawguy21

Sheesh Jeff, now you know who your true friends are. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

Say when

Gary_C

Jeff, you see what happens if you don't take the advice that is offered. Next thing you know they have you all divided up and everything spoken for.  :) :)    :D :D

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff on November 26, 2007, 10:00:22 PM

OK, fuby gets the gloves

I know where them gloves been and all I got ta say is CONGRATULATIONS FURBY.............. :D :D :D

I hope you wear them well...everyone else: Let this be a warning...If you see Furby and he pulls off some brown jersey gloves and wants to shake hands....Just say  NO    no_no no_no no_no

All's I got ta add is that it's good that they are already brown   :D  :D   :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Ron Scott

Jeff,
I just saw this, and you were lucky. Hunting from elevated stands is risky business. Take care as I speak from experience after 3 falls over the years.

I lucked out on one, fell 15 feet to the ground when a  large limb broke while bow hunting. But then broke my neck on another fall with a climbing tree stand while bow hunting during a late December. This ordeal required major surgery with a neck fusion.

In the fall 2 years ago I tore the rotator cuff on my right shoulder. That fall was when the top step broke unexpectingly on a newly constructed elevated stand. I landed in two feet of snow which helped some, but still injured the shoulder. Luckly I had  already placed the gun in the blind before the top step broke.

Never use plastic decking material for steps, especially in cold weather.

~Ron

SwampDonkey

It was dangerous enough when we kids had tree platforms in the apple orchard and firing home made arrows from rubber sling shots at one another. A lot of those old apple trees were half rotten and hollow. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

Yikes :o Ron, are you still walking? I don't think I would have tried a tree stand the third time. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

I wasn't a tree climber as a kid and I'm not about to start now  ;) ;D ;D  I saw a guy I went to school with (k-12) in Wal-Mart in the early spring.  He was in a wheelchair  :o :o paralyzed from the waist down  :( :'(  He fell out of his tree stand while bowhunting and broke his spine.  He laid there for about six hours before family found him. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Ron Scott

I don't promote elevated stands for hunting. ;) The technology of the new safety harness systems have improved the safety factor some. Be sure to use one if you hunt from high. Also safety inspect your stand on a regular basis.
~Ron

Minnesota_boy

In this neck of the woods we had one hunter killed when his stand broke and dropped him to the ground and another who was strangled by his safety harness.  On a positive note, fewer hunters are being shot by members of their hunting party because they mostly hunt from elevated stands and the bullet goes into the ground.  I think the stands are a net positive but you do have to watch what you do all the time and check the stand every time you use it.

I had a ladder stand that I had fastened to the tree with the included winch strap and then cable locked it to the tree.  When I went back to it the winch strap was missing.  I think someone intended to steal the stand and didn't find out about the cable lock until after they removed the strap, so they only stole the strap.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Furby

Gary_C

Earlier this week, I was walking through one of my next logging jobs and I saw this tree. There is about 15 MBF of Norway pine on the sale in about 36 trees by the foresters count. One I saw was a 30 inch dia. This one is a 24 inch tree marked for cutting but was probably not counted for much.

There are just enough spikes to reach the limbs and they must trust those limbs as steps. I would sure hate to come sliding back down if a limb broke.

This is another Norway nearby and you can see the limbs they are trusting for steps.  ::)

Guess I will be doing those hunters a favor by cutting this tree.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!