iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cypress timbers to cut on Monday.

Started by customsawyer, November 18, 2007, 06:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I have a order of cypress timbers to cut starting on Monday. Some of these timbers will be up to 26' long 8X12 so if anyone would like to see these I will be taking the camera with me and posting some pics. you folks are also welcom to come down and see the show as I will be working on these most of the week.

Jake
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Don K

I have seen a few big cypress timbers. I know they will be some good looking specimans.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

thecfarm

Can't make it this week,sorry.Guess I will have to wait for the pictures.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodbowl

How much cypress is there up you way? Good cypress is getting harder to find around here.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

WDH

Jake, thanks for the warning :D. 

That oak that I am going to cut will pale in comparison ;D.  Some pics would be nice.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

I have taken pics today but am running short on time for the down load so will post in the am if I don't over sleep. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

sgtmaconga

I would have loved to come. got a trailer load of hay to unload and only half done
Measure twice cut once

customsawyer

Here is some of the pics for you.
These are the 26' logs
These are the some of the timbers.
Here is a pic of a wedge I use to adjust for taper on the long logs since when you use just the toe board roller it will make the log bow in the middle.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Part_Timer

I've cut 3x8" off of the sides of logs (not heart centered) to be used as runners on a hay wagon but never anything as big as 8X12.  Are those heart centered or does it matter?
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Tom

Good job, Jake!! 

That looks like a different spot than you were set up before.

customsawyer

Nope all the same spot just the sawdust pile is in a different location.
I don't know how great of a job I did as I just followed your instructions. I think a monkey could do this computer thing better than me.
Thanks for all your help Tom.
Jake
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Tom

Just think, it wasn't long ago you couldn't even spell computer, now, you're an expert.  :D

I also meant good job on the timbers.  Cutting that big stuff isn't as easy as some think.

WDH

Jake,

What will those cypress timbers be used for?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

They are going into a 8000 sq. ft. timber frame home. I am working on lots more in total there will be about 16500 bf of timbers in this home. I don't get to look at any blue prints or anything like that but they are sure to be nice.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thecfarm

Just as easy to ask,instead of looking it up.What size mill you got and how long is it? I see by your signature line you specialize in big stuff.Thanks for the pictures.Like that wedge idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

Run a LT 70 with a 6' extension and now Accuset 2 on it. I just installed the Accuset 2 this afternoon so I don't know how it does yet.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

thecfarm,

Jake's is one sawdust flyin' operation ;D

Jake,

Let us know how the Accuset 2 works out.  This little bit of rain should help the tree planting, but we need more.  When are you planning to start?

customsawyer

I will be starting in about two weeks if we can get a bit more rain.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodbowl

Whutz this Jake? You got a shade up now?  Sure looks a lot different than before. I sure wish I could work in the shade. Looks like you may have gained a little weight since I saw you last.  Uhhh ........ everything looks good.
::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

customsawyer

Woodbowl if you can't say anything good you ain't suposed to say anything. Besides you are should be looking at the log and the sawmill making sawdust not at  me. ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woodbowl

Quote from: customsawyer on November 28, 2007, 05:27:49 PM
Woodbowl if you can't say anything good you ain't suposed to say anything.

That's right!   smiley_smug01   I agree! I probably shoulda said ...... Looks like a good log, looks like a good shade, looks like you had a good Thanksgiving.  ;D

customsawyer

Yea even after all that turkey here you are.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!