iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's Raining!!!

Started by metalspinner, November 14, 2007, 09:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Tony

Quote from: metalspinner on November 14, 2007, 09:34:56 PM
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

ditto

Tony
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

I'll send you some via UPS.  :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Warbird

Send some snow up here while yer at it.  ;D

thecfarm

Glad to hear about the rain in your area metalspinner.Sorry to hear it is not in your area WDH.I've been reading about it in the paper.What a mess.And no one can do a thing about it.We need to get you an iceberg. :D  I will do a rain dance for you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

Normally we burn our slabs and all the junk trees we push down.  But, due to the drought we haven't burnt anything for a while. It's beginning to build up – can you say big bon fire.  Well, starting about 10 days ago, I have received about 7.5 inches of rain, so Friday last week I called the Virginia Department of Forestry and asked about the state wide burn-ban.  Was told it was still state wide and I could not have an open fire.  Now I have had 7.5" of rain with on coming right now, but I can't burn anything???????  The lady VDOF was very under standing, but I still could not burn.  Oh well, you win a few and loss a few – this one I lost.  Maybe this week end or after turkey day.

Rained On Bruce

Qweaver

It's strange how we get plenty of rain on this side of the mountains while your side gets very little.  It's been a fairly dry summer in W.Va. and we had a burn ban for a week or so, but the rain we had last week was enough to allow the state to drop the ban.  We had some very heavy rain last night also and my water tanks are overflowing.  There was enough rain all summer long to keep us in water from our tanks and I'm only using less than half of our roof catchment area.
Just load your wood pile up on some trailers and bring it over here and we'll burn it for ya'.  :D :D :D 8)
Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

metalspinner

We had 1.5 inches last night.  The weatherman had a big smile on his face for the first time in a long while.  1.5" doesn't sound like much, but with the little amount we have had all year, that was a blessing.  Our town get's it's water from a little river that was just about to dry up.  So this gave us a little cushion.

WDH,
Sorry to hear about that.  The weather reports had you guys getting the same front that we got.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

WDH

MS,

We go 3/100ths of an inch  :-[.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!