iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stomped on when almost down and out..

Started by Woodhog, November 14, 2007, 02:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhog

I was just about to order a pkg of 12 files on line from Cutters Choice in Canada.

I noted the website said American or another place to clix for Canadian prices.

The box of files was 14.95 Canadian or 10.95 American..

That is about 26% more for me to file my saw than someone in the USA...

Our dollar is worth a 5% premium.

Have I inhaled to much dust and gas fumes over the years or are we Canadians all crazy !!!

I checked a hard hat and I would have to pay 10.00 more to keep from knocking what little sense is left in my head out...

Plus all the items are being used in something I cant make any money at...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???

sawguy21

Our files are CSA approved and that costs big bucks. :D :D Seriously, prices of products originating in the U.S. should adjust downward once existing stock in Canadian warehouses is used up. I get chewed on about this every day. >:(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

And we probably have enough files and hard hats in stock in the warehouses to last about....oh...15 years maybe. :D :D :D :D

Actually, my files are Swiss made.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fuzzybear

Check out Baileys. There prices are in American Dollars.  Just saved about $60 over what I used to pay for a roll of chain. 8) 8) 8)  I'll order from the U.S. pay 10% customs fee and still get it cheeper than any where in the north.  Although I have seen some Canadian companies that are adjusting their prices to the stronger Loonie.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Thank You Sponsors!