iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberking price increase as of dec 31 2007

Started by cantcutter, November 09, 2007, 11:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cantcutter

I just got a price guide from TK. anouncing a price rise as of the 31st of December. I wounder how much they can go up on the $49,900 2400 and still sell them. I cant believe it is almost double of what the B20 costs :o

beenthere

cantcutter
What mill do you have now?
What are you planning to saw in the future?  Have your own timber, or going into the urban sawing business? 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cantcutter

Oh I am not shopping for a new mill for at least another year. I have an 2005 1600 that I am mostly using for custom sawing. I do mostly small 2-3 hr jobs and also mill some for a couple of tree services....trying to find that knich market that will justify buying a larger mill. 

flip

B-20 is all I need unless you got 3 guys to help off load.  The 2400 is nice but probably too much mill for most needs unless you got a bunch of big 30"+ gnarly long logs and 2 people to catch 'em  as they fly off. :)  Too much mill for most needs.  My .02 

Still, even if they go up 10% I think they've put a price increase off for several years.  You'll still get more than your moneys worth with TK (shameless plug).  No, I'm not biased ;) ;) ;D
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

cantcutter

The thing I like about the 1600 is the set up and take down is fast. The log loaders are attached to the frame and you pull one pin and then flip them up onto the log bed and the hydraulics pick up the support arms, Hook the chains, drop the jackstands and your gone. The B-20 requires more effort than that and the 2400 is simmular to the 1600 only larger..... Unless I find a good deal on a used 2400 it looks like my next mill will be a B-20....

Thank You Sponsors!