iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

You are not going to believe this

Started by Texas Ranger, November 07, 2007, 05:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Wenrich

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

The guy must be assuming the person that buys his trees will leave them standing. But, it sounds like he's cash starved and in the end will do anything to get it. Maybe the logger will be bidding.  ;D I don't know about the 'save the planet' spiel. I actually don't know his definition, cutting trees or growing them, hopefully both. How may credits do I get for cutting them? :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

dancan

How will he protect the trees against the pine beetle or other pests ,
with pesticed ?  :)

beenthere

Would be curious as to their size. Talk about buying a pig in a poke.. ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

cantcutter

He is selling a gps location...he can cut the trees later.

Tom

Facts be know, there will be more "carbon sequestration" by cutting mature trees and planting new ones, than leaving trees to take up the valuable ground.  The carbon is in the tree regardless of whether it is hooked to the ground or not.   One option might be to store the cut trees in a salt mine and forget them, if storing the carbon is the goal.  Another would be to make something from the tree that would prolong its form as wood rather than allowing it to decompose or be burned.  Either of those two things would release the carbon.

To be an efficient Carbon Sequesturer, he will need to grow many crops of trees and put them to work in the economy, Something that many self-indentified ecologist don't agree.  It makes him a tree farmer.  Horrors!!   ...And, a logger, and maybe even a forester. :D

cantcutter

I think part of the theory behind "plant a tree, offset carbon" is that trees convert CO2 to O2.... the longer the tree is in the ground, the more carbon it stores......

I love those bumper stickers that say treehugger.... I want one that says treecutter:)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: dancan on November 07, 2007, 05:38:29 PM
How will he protect the trees against the pine beetle or other pests ,
with pesticed ?  :)

Heaven forbid.... fires.   :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

getoverit

assuming that he does sell the trees, what happens when the $50k he gets for them runs out?  I can go through 50k like water...
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Brian Beauchamp

Quote from: getoverit on November 07, 2007, 06:24:37 PM
assuming that he does sell the trees, what happens when the $50k he gets for them runs out?  I can go through 50k like water...

He's probably going to buy some water and sell it on E-Bay for $50/gallon to those people to water the trees.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!