iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's wrong with this picture?

Started by Dave Shepard, November 05, 2007, 02:59:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

This is our new quick attach adapter for our Case 1845. We have been waiting many weeks for it. We waited a while before calling to see where it was. They said they would start building it right away. (They cashed our check right quick, mind you) We waited some more, then called again, they had built one, but it wasn't strong enough, so they were going to try again. That didn't boost our confidence. Today, it showed up. What is wrong with this picture? Hint, it isn't the extremely cheesy lock down mechanisms.  ;)

This is the side you would see from the operators station, the side you pin the loader arms to.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

IL Bull

Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

IL Bull

Case has a new coupler that is a lot stronger than the old ones.  Have you priced one from Case? ???

Dave Shepard

Quote from: IL Bull on November 05, 2007, 03:08:00 PM
Ain't no pin bosses :o

That isn't exactly what I said, but close enough. ;) I am beyond mad at the moment. The adapter was specifically ordered for our machine. I haven't priced one from Case, this was my fathers deal. I think the only solution is for a massive refund to cover the time it is going to take for me to make it fit our machine.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Bibbyman

Dealer made bobcat adapter on Terex tool interface.

Third party made bobcat toolbar on Terex.

We ordered our Terex with the optional bobcat interface.  When it came in,  it was equipped with whatever was standard for Terex attachments.  As the forks and bucket we ordered had the bobcat interface,  they would not attach – thus, the whole unit was useless to us. 

We were told a third party company was shipping the bobcat interface and would be there soon.  Weeks pasted and no interface.  We didn't take delivery or make payment of the machine until we could use it.  Finally after about a month and nothing but a run-around from the third party company,  the dealership adapted a bobcat interface to the Terex tool holder (top picture).  Yet a month later the fabricator shipped out the interface and the dealer sent a guy out to put it on.

The factory built interface works great and is much closer in than the adapted deal the dealer put on.   It'll roll the bucket or forks completely under but will but it will not roll back as far as I'd like.  I had a neighbor rework the interface plate on the bucket to start out about 15 degrees further up than before.  It's better but still not as much as I'd like.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Danny_S

Yea not alot of thought put into that was there....   we have built similar couplers but cant quite remember how the lock worked, but it was certainly better than that. I must ask the head engineer at work if we still have drawings for those couplers.....
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Dave Shepard

I think I can remedy the problem. The old quick tach was non operational, the pins and whatever else where gone and the bucket is welded to the quick tach. The bucket is beyond junk, so we decided to spring for a new quick tach and bucket. I think what we are going to have to do is cut the bucket off and weld this new plate thing onto the old quick tach. Not ideal, but it may get us up and running. If I had known what we were going to get, I'd have made my own, it might have taken a day, but it would have saved $600.

Dave

IL Bull

So you are putting it on a old 1845.  I have a 1845B that used the non ISO coupler.  I put a 1845C coupler on my "B'.
It just pinned right on.  I also adapted a 1845C coupler on my Ford Backhoe.  That was more work, but well worth it. 8)

Dave Shepard

We contacted the comapany we got the coupler from today, and they will be refunding our money, plus return freight. 8) I don't know why the part ended up wrong, but they are standing behind their product. We discovered another problem as well, the lock pin spacing was only 22", and 32" appears to be standard, so we would not have been able to use any of my attachments, one of our main goals.

Dave

IL Bull

The holes in the bucket are elongated.  The 1845c coupler is 30" center to center on the locking pins.

Thank You Sponsors!