iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Special Invitation for Forestry Forum Members!

Started by Jeff, April 19, 2003, 08:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

August will be the perfect time for you then. We are usually cursing the heat at that time.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fabiola

All right then.
In Canada it was nice in August I remember...
I will have a good jacket just in case.

Fabíola.
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Fla._Deadheader

Fabiola. Yer really makin the rest of us look bad. :D :D :D :D
  I have a date with a Gator around that time. July-August is about the only time visibility is better than 12". Easier to find a log that way.  ::) ::) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

I dunno Harold, you might need a small break about then.  Get a cheap ATA fare to Indianapolis and I could pick you up at the airport.  You could ride up with me.  I'll be driving my old '84 12cyl Jag and I might need a good mech!
If'n Harold don't want the seat it is open to anyone else who would like to ride up with me.  There is only one other seat in the car so the offer must be limited.  It looks to be a six hour drive from Indy so I am thinkin' I'll drive up the Friday before and come back the Sunday after.
Zoom, zoom, zoom. . . .
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Ya''ll make sure you let me in on final plans when the time gets near. I am on the way to higgins lake for anybody coming from the south.  Friday night might have to b BBQ night at da Brokaws ;D

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Harrison does not have any great hotles but its just a skip from here to higgins. Clare has some, its one town, i5 minutes south of us. Houghton lake has motels, thats one town North, and the only thing between us and Higgins lake. Houton lake is about 25 minutes from our house. We can be at higgins lake in 40 minutes from here.

If anyone is camping we have plenty of room right here at the house. Most of the state parks you will have to make reservations for. There is one here, two at higgins and a state forest camp ground at houghton lake.

If anyone wants info for the small motels in Harrison holler and I will dig it up.

Fabiola

Ok! Correct me if I am wrong! ??? Are you hunting alligators?
It is not it a dengeours adventure?  :'( God! I am not sure if I am going anymore. Unless Yogi bear would be there to save me! ;D
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Fab, No, we don't hunt Gators, could though. We are hunting sunken logs that were cut well over 100 years ago, and they sank when they were floated downstream, to the mills.
  The water visibility is about 6-12 inches, until the dry weather lets the water quit draining the swamps, where the logs lay in the rivers. Then the visibility goes way up to 2-3 feet.
  We are actually playing hide and seek with the Gators, as, they "guard" the logs. We steal them away, and, so far, have not had any problems.
  There should be TONS of logs in the rivers in Brasil. You should try it !! :o :o :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

whitepe

Jeff,
You're supposed to use the Beaverwood to make
rustic furniture, not burn it at a Brokaw BBQ.  ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

we'll be cookin with gas. THe beaver wood will stay beaver wood. ;D

Fabiola

Yes, we can see logs all over the Amazon River. It is a way to protect the logs and also the only way to care then into the coast or the nearly port. Not sure what kind of animal is there to protect the logs but I am sure that the logs owner, the woodfarns (the japoneses factories that sell those tree ilegally to USA and Europe) wouldnt allowed anybody to get close of it.
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Patty

Uh, do you have the number for 9-1-1?

That reminds me of a funny story. A few years ago, Norm and the service guys were all out on calls, leaving me and "the girls" back at our office. I went upstairs and discovered smoke billowing out of the ceiling lights. I ran back to the office and told one of the girls to call 911, while I went back upstairs then to see if I could find the fire. After a few minutes I returned to the office only to find the girl franticly looking through the phone book to find the number! Geesh! I haven't let her live that one down yet.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Furby

AtLast

I know me and da family will be in attendance. Jeff...I called Aita (sp) and confirmed cuz I hadnt recieved and verification..she said she is sending those out shortly..I also asked her that IF she wanted Id be glad to bring my mill as part of the display....she said the theme is " old time" forestry....sounds WAY cool. She said she would call me if she did want me to bring it. No big deal...just wanted to offer. No set up fee and no mileage charges even.. :D...see you all there...If our rain forest member makes it..not only will I be TOTALLY impressed to such a commitment...but you other guys gotta lotta splainin ta do.. :D

Jeff

Yep. heard all 'bout it. Ada(correct sp :)) usually talk every couple days as we have several projects that we work on together. I think the mill would be cool to have there but she has to run that by the "powers that be". You should talk to your sales contact there at blue head quarters and tell him they need a spot to the left. ;D

Are you guys coming up the morning of? Or earlier? we will grill at our house the night before for those that are coming up and staying in the area the night before.

AtLast

Not sure exactally  But I think the night before. Ill keep you posted ( no pun intended)  :D. Looking forward to meeting you and the other FF members that come.

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm signed up!! See you all there!!!!
It's only 750 miles from my house. Anyone else from the East going?

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

johncinquo

Boy I hadnt checked this thread in awhile.  Sounds like quite a ff crowd will be there.   We will need a place to meet up.  I will be easy to spot, I will be the guy with the tanned forearms and the lilly white legs.  Hey I am on vacation I can wear shorts if I want to!  It is supposed to be old time and traditional?   Great I can bring my 1947 Mcculloch!  It is only slightly louder than a honda with no exhaust.  Crosscut saw comp?  Sure, but none of those fancy all stanless steel razor sharp oiled up with super lube saws.  Just those ole back of the barn buck saws that leave ya looking for the Bengay in the morning.   Maybe a jack-n-jill contest.   Then again, I will be on vacation.   I will keep the TC wine chilled and enjoy the afternoon.   See you all there.  JB
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Jeff

There should be a banner that says forestry forum meeting spot. I think. Maybe. If I can find it.

whitepe

Jeff,

How many folks from the Forestry Forum are attending?  8)
I built new sides for my trailer yesterday.  I will be
packing the beaverwood this week and keep it in my
outbuilding.

Perry

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

hawby

Well ya'll have a fine time at Higgins Lake. My wife heard a bunch of crazy sawmillin' people were coming to Michigan, so she made plans for us to go to Kentucky !  :o

Really wish we could have made it up there, but this is a family gig and maybe one of the last for the dadinlaw so....

Johnny B. careful with the Reds and Whites!!!!! I am just about ready to come up and drop some of those oaks.

Enjoy the Winter Wonderland!!!!  ;D

hawby
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Thank You Sponsors!