iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where are the rules on posting pictures in the gallery?

Started by Warbird, November 01, 2007, 11:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Hey guys,

Where are the rules that tell us the max size a picture can be (both dimensions and file size)?  I was trying to post a .jpg to an album I created, got it down to 48KB in size but it still complained it was too big.  Search the rules/disclaimer and didn't see any reference to file sizes there.

I know this is prolly posted somewhere.  Thanks!

Tom

It's in the Photo instructions (tutorial) in the sticky post at the very top of the topic "Behind the Forum".

beenthere

Also, size is listed on the page that comes up after clicking on "upload file" that is available on the left hand options of the image archive.

Important...resize to max of 450 pixels first (longest side), then save to less than 44 KB.
Tother way around doesn't work for a good pic, and they come out too small. Been some good examples of 'too small' lately.  ;D ;D

Don't give up. It is easy ... AFTER figuring it out.. :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

I went to that tuturial and I got alot of red "X"s.What's up with that?Something that needs to updated to the new forum.
Keep at it warbird.Someone will help you,the way they helped me.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

Thank You Sponsors!