iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee

Started by isawlogs, November 01, 2007, 08:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Aint it nice to have a nice hot cup of coffee in the morning ...

How do you guys have yours , mine is black and thick  ;D

Ya its a good morning for me today .  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Mine is cold. And strangely, it tastes exactly like diet coke.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bull

regular, 1 dash of sugar and a splash of milk....

Brad_S.

I am not (was not?) normally a coffee drinker but I'm developing a real craving for Tim Horton's English Toffee cappuccino. OK, it's not a "manly" coffee, but hey, I like it. Add a couple honey crullers and the morning paper and I can easily waste away an hour.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Raider Bill

Costa Rican, thick with Half and half and a touch of sugar.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Cedarman

I fresh grind enough French Roast to make about 6 cups. I do this the first thing out of bed.  As it is brewing, I check out e-mail and forestry forum.  As soon as brewed, I pour a nice cup or put in thermos cup.  Add about 1/4 to 1/2 tablespoon of Cremora or tablespoon milk, (I would gag if some sugar got in it)  Then sit back read e-mail and check out the FF. I look forward to getting out of bed each morning.  Life is good. About 7 head to mill and do the organizing for the day.  Come back to house, do a little paperwork, drink rest of coffee and am good for the day.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Fla._Deadheader

;) ;)  Straight up, don't contaminate it with NOTHIN.  8) 8) :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Carries-Mom

Sometimes I can get my hands on Costa Rican...it's seems my delivery person is slacking on the job... :D :D .. Little sugar is all I contaminate mine with... ;D

Lanier_Lurker

Costa Rican is all I drink any more.  It is the best.  :)

The local wholesale club keeps it in stock.

Norm

Patty and I make our coffee very strong. I like mine black without anything in it and she will use the flavored creamers if available but otherwise same as me. Lately my favorite is fresh ground columbo supremo.

ely

fishman

black,thick and hearty

Weekend_Sawyer

Blond and sweet. Just like my Lovely Miss... used to be ;D :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

thecfarm

Just pour it and I will drink it.I very rarely buy coffee at a chain store.I'm too cheap.I don't care for a cup of flavored coffee,but I don't mind a little spalsh of it ,and than put the regular stuff in it.I stop for gas on the way to work and add just a little of flavored coffee in the bottom of a cup.
I knew a guy that said his coffee was pepsi.First thing in the morning he would have a pepsi the way some have coffee.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dave Shepard

I don't drink it very often anymore, I like it light and sweet, and I don't need the sugar. Although, I have come to the realization that a large coffee with four sugars is only 16g of carbs, way less than a can of soda. ;) I may start drinking a small cup now and then as it is getting colder, finally. I do like Dunkin Donuts though, but I'm not paying over $2 for it. >:( I guess I'm just your basic coffee wimp. A friend of mine on the other hand drinks something that looks, and tastes like coal tar.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Coon

I LOVE my coffee in the morning.  I go for the certified organic Canadian grown KICKING HORSE COFFEE.  My favorite blend is the GRIZZLY CLAW which is a dark coffee.  I usually grind enough to make a pot at a time.  This coffee is not cheap by any means either as it costs me $14.95/lb.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sawguy21

I have not seen that brand. I like a medium roast straight out of the pot for the morning wake up call, no additives. Can't start the day without it.
I have cut down a lot, it used to be a basic food group when I spent a lot of time chasing helicopter crews all over the country.
Is anyone still ordering the Costa Rican from our friend?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DanG

Caffiene is one of my principle drug habits.  It takes pretty much a whole pot to get my heart started in the morn.  I take it straight, and cannot abide flavored coffees.  As long as it is just pure coffee, I'll drink it however it comes.  If I'm really desperate, I'll even go for a cup of instant. :-X
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

KGNC

My wife has written and recorded a song "Coffee's Calling". She likes her coffee.

Tom

Right out of the pot for me too.  PIping hot.   I don't care for it too strong, but can handle most of what is thrown at me.  I like, what is considered, a normal strength and am not even turned off by coffe that is a little weak as long as it is hot.  I'm not too particular about brand but drink Maxwell House mostly here at home and stay away from chicory.

If you've been in the service, there is a good chance that your coffee will be black.  You get used to it that way or don't get it.   Picture a ship rolling in heavy seas and four or five sailors on a watch station.  One says "I'm going for coffee, who wants some?"  You have to do it that way because the watch station can't be abandoned.  If someone says "I do, 2 sugars and a splash of cream".  His cup rides right along with the others.  It might have to go half of the ship and up and down several almost vertical ladders, yet, you see as many as five cups being carried at a time.   Cream and sugar?  Yeah, right.  you're lucky to get something hot.   When you take that first swallow, you begin to realize why it's so easy to keep in the cup. :D

Weekend_Sawyer

I see the link on the front of the forum to Costa Rican Coffee is broken.

I purchase 5lb at a time from them, It's darn good and comes out to about $11 a lb.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

pineywoods

When I'm desperate and need a coffe fix in a hurry, I use coffee bags. We have one of those 1 gallon water heaters under the kitch sink, it makes 190 deg water instantly. Throw one of the bags (no it ain't instant stuff, it's sure nuff coffee) in a cup and fill with hot water from that little heater -----instant sure nuff coffee.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Bill Johnson

We make 42 cups at a time in the perculator and it stays on almost 24/7. I like mine black and strong. Hot or cold don't matter too much.

Strangely enough though can't drink Tim Hortons unless it's double-double, tried it straight up a couple of times and it was just way too bitter.
Bill

DanG

If has been sitting around a while, it can become acidic and bitter.  A tiny pinch of salt in your cup will make it a lot more palatable.  I'm talking about a teensy-weensy little pinch, no more than a dozen grains of table salt.

Tom, that Navy coffee must be a whole lot like Army coffee.  Ya tilt the cup up and wait for it to slide out, right? :D :D  I was one of our Mess Sgt's favorite people.  I was the only one who would come into the Mess Hall at 4pm and have a cup with him! :o :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

leweee

strong ...perked....hot or cold 8) It is what I use to decorate my monitor & keyboard after reading certain posts. ::) :D ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!