iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stick a pin in it.

Started by Jeff, October 30, 2007, 07:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Never tried it any closer, but this is pretty close. It's the UNB Campus in Fredericton.

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

BBK

Quote from: Warbird on October 31, 2007, 08:50:52 PM
Looking at all those pins in the Lower 48 makes me feel pretty lonely.  :(

I zoomed out on your pin and boy you are lonesome ain't you. Enjoy it while you can. The way this place is growing houses instead of crops I may have to join you to get some peace.   ;D 8) ;D
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

TexasTimbers

Quote from: LeeB on November 01, 2007, 10:28:10 PM
Never chalange worse kiddo. Worse has big teeth and a mean bite.

Lee you must have fallen off the turnip truck sometime before yesterday. ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

LeeB

Yes sir, and while I was laying there bruised and battered thinking it couldn't get any worse, the Dan'g truck backed up and run me over. :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Warbird

Quote from: BBK on November 02, 2007, 06:53:56 AM
Quote from: Warbird on October 31, 2007, 08:50:52 PM
Looking at all those pins in the Lower 48 makes me feel pretty lonely.  :(

I zoomed out on your pin and boy you are lonesome ain't you. Enjoy it while you can. The way this place is growing houses instead of crops I may have to join you to get some peace.   ;D 8) ;D

C'mon up!  Once you are a resident, you get paid to live here!  Beware, though...  some folks can't handle the cold and dark combined.  It ain't too bad in the big city, Anchorage (farther south), but that's too many people for me.

sawguy21

I can live with the cold for a short time as long as the sun is up but the long hours of darkness that will be there a month from now would drive me stir crazy. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Warbird

Yeah, it gets pretty rough sometimes.  The best cure for the combined dark and cold is a warm, well lit, and happy home.  :)

mike_van

That is some slick! On the satelite view, I stuck a pin in the middle of the field I mowed this summer. On the "old" map, every time I tried, I'd get error messages & a frozen screen.  :)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

semologger

ding i stuck a pin in it. its done

sawguy21

Mike I get a kick out of the names of your nearby communities. Dogtail Corner is the
best.   :D

dancan

sawguy21

Are you still where your pin shows or out in the middle of the Atlantic? That was some storm.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, dancan sure  looked to be close to water there.

However, in my case I'm 3 hours drive from ocean in any direction.  ;D

Nice windy and rain storm today, but not a lot of precip. Mostly wind driven drizzle. Was white frost and frozen ground this morning. I was surprised it wasn't snowing, but it never started raining until mid afternoon when she thawed out.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Quote from: SwampDonkey on November 06, 2007, 03:26:51 PM
However, in my case I'm 3 hours drive from ocean in any direction.  ;D

I'm not! ;)

pigman

Now Furby, that pond to the west of you is a lake not an ocean.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

dancan

my pin stayed put  after all that wind  :)
i did go check on an elderly costumer of mine early sunday because i knew he had no power then i drove to the atlantic ocean to have a look , the first thing that came to my mind when i saw it was  "Man is She ever angry" it was 10 to 15ft boiling sea crashing everywhere as far as you could see.
It was a quick and sobering reminder that she holds all the cards over man and machine .

pigman

Quote from: Furby on November 06, 2007, 07:15:13 PM
You found my pin ???
You are right . :o I did not know you moved south, way south.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!