iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

YOU GOT BANNED

Started by Jeff, October 28, 2007, 11:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

But I didnt mean it. :-\

The new software takes the hotmail and gmail and yahoo and such literally. It not only didnt allow you to reigster with it, apparently when the database tables updated, it put you all on a ban list as well.

I THINK  AND I HOPE, thatI have that taken care of, and my sincere apologies for it happening in the first place. :-\

I dont know who all it effected, but apparently DanG and customsawyer for two...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Jeff

It was rather indiscriminate.  I'm beginning to think that the script ran a check on the email validity. When I sent customsawyer an email to tell him what happened, it came back as no good. As for DanG, I don't know on that one.  Paul told me he was banned too, so I just started killing email address bans. I wont take the chance that someon that shouldn't be got banned. I can add stuff back as we need it in a more controlled fashion.

DanG

Quote from: Jeff on October 28, 2007, 11:34:51 PM
As for DanG, I don't know on that one. 

A lot of people have been confused in that way. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

DanG,

were you actually banned,as in prevented from seeing the forum?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

breederman

I don't know if I was banned as I was away all weekend, but I had to sign back in this am.
Together we got this !

Dana

I will second breederman's comment.
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

ely

beenthere

I had to re-light my pilot light too... :)  (but then it was the first time since the crash I used the "recent unread" door to get in, so figured that was why I wasn't still logged in). 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

I was a little surprised that I did too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I'm not positive yet that the "cookie" that is created to stay logged in, is doing what it is supposed to do.  I'm logging in and out a bunch as I work on things, so when I was not logged on this morning I figured that was why.  I do know that everyone got logged out when the database was updating to the new software.

Dave Shepard

I had to log in after the upgrade, but have not had to since, so the cookie is working on my machine.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DanG

Quote from: Paul_H on October 29, 2007, 12:03:36 AM
DanG,

were you actually banned,as in prevented from seeing the forum?

I don't know, Paul.  I had been out of town for the weekend and the problem was corrected before I tried to get back on.  I just had to log in like everyone else.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

crtreedude

I had to relog in too - but I figured it had something to 911 and being south of the border... ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

Warbird

Here you go Jeff.  Finally got it uploaded to the gallery.  Some guy created this many years ago on a computer game forum, cause the arguments were out of control.  ;D

SwampDonkey

Where do I guy some? ;D

Jeff's been trying to ban me for years, but I keep breaking his security. ;D  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!