iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Vietnam

Started by Ironwood, October 28, 2007, 06:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Just wanted to share a few pictures of a recent trip to Vietnam. Incredible place throwing itself headlong for the future. Development everywhere, world capital streaming in. Motorbikes (mopeds) flow like water by the tens of thousands through traffic, very few red lights, mostly just beeping their horns and yielding to each other (this would NEVER, NEVER work here, too many idiots), there seems to be a very understanding and lack of aggression toward others generally and ESPECIALLY when it comes to traffic. Motorbikes haul ANYTHING, and I mean anything, huge pipes, 16 cases of Hieniken beer on one, 4 people (including infants), office desk (full size no less), most likely the flour sacks in the photos came by motorbike. EVERYONE rides them, workers, doctors, politicians, you name it. They go EVERYWHERE even in the wrong direction in traffic, not there seems to be a WRONG direction. The sound track would be a classic Vietnamese tune with rock, and a medley of car,bus, and motorbike horns dubbed in. 

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

sawguy21

Great pictures.  8) South east Asia has done an incredible job of building and progressing in the last thirty years.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

Those are great pictures.   8)

What city were you in?
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

pigman

Great pictures Reid. 8)  Now tell us about this trip to the Far East, that is ,if you were not on some super secret mission for the CIA. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ironwood

I was traveling to HCMC (Siagon) and Hanoi for an adoption, the Miss's is pregnant and so I traveled alone to pick our new 10 month old son, you should have seen the looks I got, I was quite the talk evidentally. I cared for our first son from 3 months to 1 1/2 years and worked at night in the shop,so I am pretty well versed. I was fun to see all the stares, the flight home, customs and airports were the trickiest part. 

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Fla._Deadheader

Congrats, Reid and Mrs.  8) 8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

scsmith42

Reid, congratulations on the new addition!  He looks like a cute one!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

ADAMINMO

Those pictures of the city and the vehicles look like Taiwan.They mostly use the mopeds as well.Same scenario on the driving and traffic.Not many light and they yield to each other when driving.You are right ... it wouldn't work here!

Ironwood

"Would NOT work here", for sure! Ironwood

metalspinner

Congratulations!  Big brother sure is handsome. 8) 8) 8)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!