iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chet was in prison

Started by pasbuild, October 27, 2007, 03:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbuild

I was in Chet's home town installing this little fireplace/wall unit this week

I made plans ta meet up with him on Wednesday when he was gettin out but the job was done early so I didn't get ta snoop around his place :-[
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Jeff

I think you should email me the original photos so I can get a better look at em. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paschale

That's beautiful!   8) Is that quilted maple?  I can't tell in the photos...it doesn't look birdseye, but there's definitely some figure.  What is it?   ???
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

Pasbuild, that's Golden. Very very nice wood working. Nice curly grain. What else can a man say? No wonder that stuff is $6 a board foot, worth every penny.  ;D

Just like walking into the Provincial Archives, all the wood work and book shelves are birdseye.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Oh yea, I can see it better now. ;)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yep, birdseye. Sure looked like curly in those tiny pics. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

Wow! That really is awesome.

Dave

PS, is Chet in prison often? ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Furby

Yup!  ::)
He's a bad, bad boy! ;)

WDH

Incredible!!

Pasbuild, did you make it?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SwampDonkey

That's down right excellent quality birdseye to I might add.  ;D

metalspinner

Spectacular!

Wow, that is beautiful! 8) 8)

What are the accents?  Birdseye heart wood??
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

pasbuild

We do a lot of this stuff out of birdseye at the shop I work at, the owner is good friends with the manager of the TP mill near us and we get to hand pick.
the accent pieces are  big leaf maple burl and stained red oak.

We did a kitchen in rustic birdseye last month that I will have to get some pics of fer ya, it is awesome with BIG thumbnail eyes, bark inclusions and heart wood.

I kept getting an error message when downloading the pics until I got them to the size you see smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

getoverit

Beautiful work Pas!  I hope the new owner of the cabinets appreciates the beauty of that wood. That is something really spectacular!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Norm

Wow! That's beautiful pasbuild.  :)

Burlkraft

That is awesome Bob....... 8) 8) 8)

Let's see them udder pictures  ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

asy

Oh my GOSH that's just GLORIOUS! smiley_clapping

I really think we need FAR more photos of it. Also need photos of the Grandfather Clock in the corner. I just LOVE Grandfather clocks, they're so beautiful. Andy's Dad made theirs and I love it.

Please show us more.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

OneWithWood

Very nice work.

Too bad you have to use such inferior lumber.  Tell you what, if you send me a bunch of that nasty old wrinkled stuff I will send you back some nice plain straight grained stuff.  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!