iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any thoughts on echo

Started by dancan, October 25, 2007, 09:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancan

any thoughts or feedback on the current echo line-up .

sawguy21

Good saws but selection over 40cc is pretty limited.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ladylake

The CS670 66.7cc  CS520  50cc and CS440 45cc are all great saws. I don't know about the smaller ones, don't own any. My CS510 (same as the 520) is a little hot rod. Cuts faster than larger and heavyier homeowner Husky and Stihls and just as fast as thier pro models. They all have a wide powerband, you don't have to keep them at the perfect RPM in the cut.  I own Husky and Stihl also, both homeowner and pro models. The homeowner ones are no where near as good as Echo's. Nothing wrong with the pro models except the price.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Climber

For home users it's OK but for serious users its garbage.
No life time compare to stihl, husky or jensored.
If you are looking to safe some $$$ and have a good saw learn about Makita and JohnDeere (made by Olimpick)

DanG

I think Echo compares favorably with any of the other major brands.  I have a 670 and a 300, and I'd put them up against anyone's comparably sized saws.  They are definitely a pro grade saw, with all the pro features such as dual rings, etc.

"Garbage"? ???  I think not!  I guess Climber never owned one. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bedway

Ditto dangs comments. I have one thats over twenty years old and runs like a top. Id put it up against any other saw of comparable size.,,bedway

ladylake

John Deere is made by Efco now, same as Cub Cadet. I own a 56cc Cub that cuts slower  than my 49cc CS510 Echo. Echo durabilty is second to none, been running them for 10 years with no problems. You'll also find many rental outfits renting Echo's, they don't use them because they fall apart in a short time.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

splitter

Have owned several Echo products, went to other brands and came back to echo. One of the outstanding features is THEY WILL START. Both small and large saws. If anyone knows someone who owns a E-Zee cord wood shear/splitter please give me any or all information you can, plan to build one very soon. Would like to see one by apt. I live in North Carolina and would travel to nearest location to take a look. Don't want to go to Canada. These are made by a individual I think and not by a company. He has sold several in canada and also some in the U.S. Thanks  Splitter.

dancan

thanks for the replies
just bought a cs330t new in box from a sheriff's sale for 150 $$
they have a cs346 and a cs440 , i might buy one of them as a back-up saw and get rid of one my older saws .

ladylake

Quote from: dancan on October 26, 2007, 07:54:01 PM
thanks for the replies
just bought a cs330t new in box from a sheriff's sale for 150 $$
they have a cs346 and a cs440 , i might buy one of them as a back-up saw and get rid of one my older saws .
Dan Congrads on your new saw. The CS440 is a real nice saw also, light and good power. Lots of new saws are set too lean from the factory nowdays thanks to EPA so after running it a little (5 minutes) pull the plug out and check the color. Tan or brown is good, grey or white is lean and needs to be adjusted richer right away. Black is over rich and can be adjusted leaner for more power. All brands included   Steve

ladylake

Dan    5 minutes might not be long enough to get plug color, so if it runs at all bad or seems hot get it adjusted richer. Most times the limiter caps will have to be removed to get it rich enough.  Also try not to run ethonal as it makes saws run leaner and goes bad faster.  Steve

Dave Shepard

I haven't used any Echo saws, but we used to use the GT-2400 string trimmers, which have been discontinued. >:( They held up very well, you could get ten years or twenty bazillion mowings out of them. Always start right up too. 8)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

dancan

just took the cs330t out of the box , filled it with fluids and pulled the cord ......  alot  :o,
i was starting to worry but it finally came to life and runs like a new saw should  8).
i'll be test driving it on Wednesday  :).

ladylake

Dan  Most saw will take quite a bit of cranking the first time to get the carb full of fuel, even after sitting a couple of months most will take 6 to 9 pulls. 2  to 3 pulls when sitting a day or 2. If it starts hard  when sitting overnite the low speed adjuster could be a tad lean.  Keep a eye on the plug color, tan or brown is good.  Steve

Trax

Quote from: Climber on October 26, 2007, 08:16:36 AM
For home users it's OK but for serious users its garbage.
No life time compare to stihl, husky or jensored.
If you are looking to safe some $$$ and have a good saw learn about Makita and JohnDeere (made by Olimpick)

John Deere are made by Efco and Makita's are made by Dolmar which is now owned by Makita

Thank You Sponsors!