iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a good BBQ joint in Manhattan, KS

Started by jrokusek, October 24, 2007, 11:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrokusek

I'm traveling to Manhattan, Kansas this weekend and am looking for a good BBQ joint in the area - any suggestions?  I'll be pulling in late Saturday night and leaving Monday afternoon, but I've got a few hours here and there to explore.

For those of you who aren't familiar with good BBQ, Kansas City is quite possibly THE BBQ hub of the United States.  I figure since Manhattan is close to KC there must be a few good restaurants in the area.  Kind of a long shot with this question, but it's worth a shot!

Jim

Kcwoodbutcher

I think you might have detour to KC. Haven't been up there in a while but don't remember anything special.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

rbhunter

It has been a while since I have been there about 20 years ago I lived there. I can tell you the fresh made home made bread in the KSU union was great. I can't remember a good barbeque place being there back than. Hopefully things have changed.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

saddletramp

Howdy Jim. Well for starters we have a Famous Daves they are a chain but Dang good. In aggieville there is Pat's blue rib'n, also very good. East end of town has Ramblers, more of a steak house but usually puts out a good plate. Thats all I can think of now. If it were'nt for finishing harvest would say lets meet but the soybeans are shattering more every day so time is critical. Hope you enjoy your stay here.
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

jrokusek

Actually I'm headed to KSU for a graduate class.  Coincidentally, the class is in the Sunflower Room on the second floor of the K-State Student Union. 

Thanks for the info saddletramp.  I'll have to google aggieville.  In my neck of the woods we got about 4" of rain over the last week.  The beans aren't shattering, they're swelling, breaking the pod and falling to the ground.  Bad time of the year to have such a large rain.  :(

Thank You Sponsors!