iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

signing up using hotmail?? can you?

Started by semologger, October 24, 2007, 09:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

i have a friend using a hotmail acount and he cant register he says. does the forum not support hotmail??

Tom

Free accounts aren't allowed because of SPAM.  The Spammers ruin it for everyone by spamming and changing accounts to stay ahead of you.  That way they can't be stopped programatically.

A sincere note to Jeff or one of the admins will get him considered for manual admission.  Just make sure that he provides enough information to prove he's for real and not intending trouble.  :)

If he has an email address from his ISP, we'de prefer that he use that.

Jeff

Yep, what Santa Tom said.

HOWEVER, Its not that the forum doesn't support hotmail Its hotmail  that does not support the forum. If we have trouble with someone with only a hotmail account, we can not and will not get help like we will with an isp issued or company issued  email address.  We will and do make exceptions but they have to write us and explain who they are and what their purpose for joining is.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

semologger

boss he has 900 post on the arborist site. he is a logger. i talk to him all the time. i told him how much better this site is. not many loggers on the other site. he likes to post pitchures on there also

Dan_Shade

I know for a fact that Jeff will allow some "freebee" accounts to be member here.  I'm one of them! 

I like the freebee acounts because they can follow you around, and it's easy to check your mail anywhere.  however, I understand the concerns of spammers.  Have your friend send Jeff an email :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

jrokusek

Quote from: Dan_Shade on October 24, 2007, 10:17:49 PM
I know for a fact that Jeff will allow some "freebee" accounts to be member here.  I'm one of them! 

I like the freebee acounts because they can follow you around, and it's easy to check your mail anywhere.  however, I understand the concerns of spammers.  Have your friend send Jeff an email :)

Yup...me too!  And I didn't even know anyone on the forum before I got here.  Now I've got lots of friends!

Frickman

I too have a free e-mail account, Hotmail in fact. Why? Because I don't own a computer, I borrow others wherever I am. I tried to get an e-mail account with a local internet provider, they said I couldn't get one without being a subsciber. A computer savy friend helped me get a hotmail account and now the rest is history. Send Jeff an e-mail and explain the situation. He won't bite.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

semologger

Thank You Sponsors!