iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Computer Gremlins

Started by TexasTimbers, October 22, 2007, 04:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

I can't check my email all the sudden. A pop up screen comes up when I open my email (Outlook Express) and asks for my username and password. They both are already in there when the screen comes up. So I click "Okay" and it goes away for a second and comes right back up asking for it again. Does not say "incorrect name or password" or anything, just pops back up and won't let me Send/Recieve.

I can see the email screen  - it comes up, but it will not check for new emails or let me send one without that password pop-up coming up and no matter how many times I click "okay"  it just keeps coming back. I know 100% certain both the user name and password are correct and I have retyped them both sevreal times since they both come up automatically anyway.

This exact same thing happened before several months ago and it took a few days before it just went away. i sure hope I don't have to wait a few days. Any ideas?
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

tcsmpsi

Only thing I can tell you, Kev, is that I had the same thing with Outlook and it fixed itself, too. 

I am hoping this new replacement, Windows Mail, doesn't have some of the peculiarities that Outlook has. 

I get very little mail of any importance through that address and have been transcending to my own domain for several years. 

For a few things, it has been just too much of a pain to switch the primary.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

TexasTimbers

I don't know how to switch my email to any of my domains or I would. I know it just a matter of knowing what to type where, but i don't know what to type, where. ::)

Jeff

Your email server for that email was probably down. Doubt it was outlook with those symptoms.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I never seen that message with outlook.I get right on the horn to my internet provider when this things starts to act up.Most of the time they are working on it,but at least they know about it and it's not on my end.Just to get off subject here.We lost power one sunny day.We are goung to a big get together somewheres.Been outside working all morning,hot,sweating,dirty probaly sawdust too.We live on a dead end road,I want to make sure someone has called.I call up the power company and I get a real person,kinda odd.Most of the time I get a recording that we know about it in in these areas and we are working on it.No outages in my area she said,but we'll send a truck right out,20 minutes they are in my driveway.They look and ask queations,yes we heard a loud popping sound.House has been here only 5 years don't see how it could be the transformer.Heard the "don't see how" before.They go back and forth talking and go to the end of the drive and try thing,comes on just a second,keeps on trouble shotting,can't get it.Finaly they unhook the trandsformer and it does not trip out.The 2 guys can't believe it.Never seen that before on such a new one.Have to get one almost a hour away.Time is going on here.Not good,but they are doing a super job.We wait for an hour,than another ½,he's almost here.Love those radios.We go inside to heat water on the gas stove.This should be good.I need a shower not a gallon of water to get myself clean.The transformer is here and is put up in miinutes and we have power,hardly a minute to spare.A big thank-you and inside I go for a shower.That was a close one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TexasTimbers

Well here's what it was. I called bluehill who I have my email account through and the tech asked the prob and I told him. It took him all of 20 seconds and he said "Try it now." i clicked Send/Recieve and viola.
I asked him what was the prob he said "Currupt file." Beats me. i don't understand how he could have fixed it that fast.
They are based in Calif and this was before 7:00 a.m their time. i got a tech in less than 2 minutes hold time. Not bad service!
Thanks guys  I do appreciate the replies!

TexasTimbers

I just had this same problem again, and could not remember how I resolved it last time. I did remember tho that I had asked about it here so I searched the archives and found it.  I had not remembered that it was trouble at the server so when I reread this thread I called bluehill.

I just thought I would let anyone know who has had problems with their server in the past and are not happy with the customer service they recieved, that I had just the exact same experience with bluehill that I did before. I had a customer rep within 2 minutes and the problem was resolved immediately. I had reached my account limit was the problem this time, but he said he increased it by six times the amount allowed . . . . gratis! I am real happy with this company.

Thanks to Jeff and the FF for saving archives. It's a great asset for those of us with a terrible memory. :)

Thank You Sponsors!