iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern Chapter Forum Meetings

Started by Radar67, October 21, 2007, 12:25:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Thought I would bring this over since we had so much interest on the old new board.

A link to previous posts....

After Crash Posts
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Woodwalker

Have Ya'll got a firm date and location? I'm interested, but time and distance might be a problem.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Radar67

We have a group of 6 or 7 so far who want to meet at Pineywoods place on the 8th of December to look over his kiln. Where bouts in Texas are you?

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

I can snow all it wants....cause it will all be north of our meeting.  :D

Woodwalker

I'm located about 60 miles north of Houston. (was more miles than that, but they keep moving the blasted town north).
I've  got to check, think I have duty that weekend, I'll get back with you tomorrow.
Snow? First of December, more pool party kind of weather that not.

PineNut

I am still planning to go. We will let Jeff have the snow.

Woodwalker

I've got duty that week, but think I can trade off with another guy. Count me in.

PineNut

How many people do we have still planning to go over to Pineywoods place on Dec 8? I am still on for it.

Radar67

I'm still planning to go, and DonK told me he was as well.

pineywoods

Hey I'm very much looking forward to as many as possible.  I do need a body count a couple of days ahead of time. I'll have a catered BB-Q dinner lined up if y'all can get here around noon or so.   
If you show up without telling me, you may not get fed ;D and it's a long way back to town ;D
Got the sawyer neighbor linned up also. He's on here, but not very active, name's arlcon. He will most likely be in the process of moving his operation about a half mile up the road, but he has already agreed to provide all the hands-on anybody desires. He can teach you how to run a solar kiln, I just build'em...

My locator pin is on the map, pretty accurate, will pm details.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

DWM II

I cant make it for a look-see, sure hate to miss a good BBQ :(

I have all star soccer games every weekend. :-\

They aint kids forever though. ;)

Yall have a good time and get them good idears together cause I will make the construction days. 8)
Stewardship Counts!

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

jerry-m

Hey, I want to come :)
I live just across the Texas line, about 150-175 miles west of pineywoods...

I am just getting over some major surgery but should be ok to travel by dec. 8th. 8)

Thanks,  Jerry Moore

Why don't the smileys show up in my post??? They used to, oh well such is life...

Jerry

pineywoods

welcome Jerry, I'll put your name on the list. In about a week, I'll pm directions on how to find me.  You'll be going right by logdog's place, just east of shreveport. Last I heard he's planning on coming.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

Burlkraft

It snowed here last night......and it's  c c c c cold today...... >:( >:( >:(

When is that meeting and how warm is it supposed ta be  ???  ???  ???

I might have ta defect and come on down fer that   :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Radar67

It's on the 8th and it's been in the 70s during the afternoon, low around 50.  ;)

LeeB

I was supposed to go to S.C. that wekend and see a semi adopted freind of the family graduate boot camp but she may have suffered a little set back. I may try to make it. I'll have to check with the social secretary.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

pineywoods

Love to have you LeeB.  What we have lined up is mostly a how-to on solar kilns. I build them, a neighbor arlcon knows how to use them. Found out today that the forestry dept at 3 universities is using our design in their kiln courses. Let me know if you are coming, I'll pm directions. Wayne

LeeB

Still not positive one way or another Wayne. The only way we have to contact the girl is snail mail and we haven't heard from her yet if she will still get to graduate or not. Seems she fell a little shy on the number of sit ups she can do.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

wwsjr

I am still planning to make the trip. Not definite yet. I finally got back to sawing this week after major surgery.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

pineywoods

OK guys, I have sent pm's with directions to the following
wwsjr
LeeB
jerry-m
Radar67
Don K
PineNut
Woodwalker
Tony
LogDog
ljmathias
FC_PineKnot

Did I miss anybody???

Latest forecast is for clear and 60's

Burlkraft

Quote from: pineywoods on December 03, 2007, 12:09:16 PM

I'll be there....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

pineywoods

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 03, 2007, 05:54:55 PM
Quote from: pineywoods on December 03, 2007, 12:09:16 PM

I'll be there....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You can't get here from michigan, have to go somewhere else to start.  Seriously, unless you got wings, it's a good 18 hour drive...

Furby

Any chance I can tag along Steve ???
I'll start hiking ASAP and meet ya South of Chicago someplace. :)

Thank You Sponsors!