iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Care to Guess What it Is???

Started by Radar67, October 20, 2007, 10:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radar67

Ran across this in my travels and wondered if anyone would know what it is. (It is not what it appears)  ;)

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dave Shepard

It looks like a water meter converted into a clock to me, so it must be something else then. ::)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

:D :D That's a good guess, but it ain't even close!! ;D

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

metalspinner

Is the plug and switch a part of the dial?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

My best guess....
The big hand gives gallons up to 50 (once around), and the small hand keeps track of the number of '50's of liquid run through the meter.  So I'd gues meter reader....Pic not clear enough to see the markings clearly.

It's a trick.. ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

StorminN

It appears to be the display from an old "watchface" visible gas pump, so I guess that's not what it is...

-N.
Happiness... is a sharp saw.

Dave Shepard

I told you I didn't know what it was. :D DanG is chuckling about something, that should be a tip off, but I don't know about what. ::)

Dave

Post attempt #3, things are a little wonky tonight. :-\
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Radar67

The plug and switch are not part of the dial.

It is a meter to keep track of liquid, most likely gas, but that is not what it currently is used for.

It is a trick, but has an actual use, you are very perceptive there Dave.  ;) It is sort of ingenious in it's own way.  :P

Dave Shepard

If I had that there thingamabob, I'd hook it up to the carburetor on my truck so I could keep an accurate gallons per mile record.

Dave

Jeff

I have to disqualify myself due to my hooty education
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

limbrat

A gague. ;D
I saw less rustic ones use in concrete plants to weigh water for batching concrete.
It could be weighing any thing from feed to scrap iron.
ben

getoverit

I get the feeling this is a rain guage...
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Radar67

Not a rain gauge. Limbrat is on the right track, however it is not weighing anything.

getoverit

ok, how about the water guage that goes on cement mixing trucks? I would guess the markings are for  the amount of slump for the mix...
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Dave Shepard

When I took note of DanGs chuckling, I imediately thought Hootiemobile for some reason, although, Jeff did not mention the Hootimobile, only the Hootie. I am going to go with a measuring device for making some home made hooch.

Dave

Furby

Radar67

Nothing to do with cement. I didn't see a still while visiting, so the hooch is out.  :) It is Southern engineering though.

Not a barometer either.  :D

Radar67

Something does run through it and the table could be a clue.

Dave Shepard

I see that the readings have been crossed out on one side, and the replacement numbers are four times the original, suggesting they wanted to measure in quarts instead of gallons. Tell us more about the table, it doesn't look like much in the picture.

Dave

DanG

:D :D :D  Now Radar, you're just being downright mean to these people!  Now, Jeff disqualified himself, and rightfully so, because he's seen it before and know's eggsackly what it is used for.  The rest of these poor waifs are just lost in the deep, dark woods.  Barometer indeed! :D :D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

:D :D :D :D Awe now DanG, not trying to be mean, just trying to have a little fun....and it seems to be working.  ;)

The table is made of wood.  ;D

Furby

Radar67

Pine, is there any other kind in the south.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!