iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Urban logging in style

Started by amberwood, October 19, 2007, 08:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberwood

Morning all..a machine that I have access to from this week. Went out on a run to collect urban logs earlier in the week and this is the result. An hour loading across 3 set ups on one site, approx 25tonne of radiata(this load completed plus a dog trailer out in the street)

Volvo twin steer with effer crane and log grab. 7t@4m out to 0.5t@12m.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Dave Shepard

That is quite a rig! That is a lot of picking power up close.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

CAn't see the detail.

Does it have two pairs of steerable wheels under the cab?
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Neat.
:o
I need one, too.
smiley_devilish
I think this fits under the category which God calls "coveting."
:-\

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

amberwood

yep twin steer axles and 420 horses in the front..we all need one "just in case"

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

thecfarm

Wow!Big truck,big logs.What more could you ask for.Big sawmill? Was these free logs too?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jackpine

Amberwood

Looking at the size of the knots on that one log I'm curious. How do they saw on the bandmill? On our white pine I would have to slow down as I approach a lage knot to avoid a dip at the knot.

Bill

amberwood

Bill

is complicated on the "free" part..yes they are being removed from a land subdivision but the tree service has sold them on to a mill running an LT70 to make sleepers..8'*3"s. The truck is only involved in this case on an hourly rate to collect and deliver. They will be horrible to saw. If they were coming across to our site they would go thru the Mahoe (like a brand X but from NZ)

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

woodmills1

those back wheels seem awful close to the cab......... :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!