iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sleep apnea

Started by thedeeredude, October 18, 2007, 06:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Just out of curiosity, does anyone else here have sleep apnea?  And do you wear a cpap machine?  I went camping last weekend in a tent and it got cold at night and it was a major pain.  For those who dont know what this machine is, it blows pressurized air through your nose, but the air goes through a small tank of water first to keep your mouth moisturized.  The water is heated slightly so when it hits the cold it condenses and ends up all over.   Im now looking into a tent that a stove can go in ;D  But besides that, just wandering who else is out there with this problem.

Furby

thedeeredude

Thanks Furby, that thread was before I found out I had sleep apnea and I dont remember seeing it.  Thanks again.

Tim L

I've never camped with my cpap but a friend of mine has a 12 volt adapter for his . Does your water tank have a heater under it ?
Do the best you can and don't look back

iffy

I have had a cpap for years. We go on an annual elk hunt and mine will also run off dc, so I just take a marine battery along. The first time I used it in the tent in november in Colorado it like to drowned me! I didn't even have my humidifier hooked up. My brother uses one too, and he didn't have any water problems. He told me to just add an extra flex tube to it and run it thru my sleeping bag. Worked great. Since the tubing was no longer cold, it didn't have moisture condensing inside of it. The lack of a humidifier doesnt' seem to bother me while camping, maybe because I have to take it off several times thru the night for nature calls. Yes, I'm 61 and get up several times a night.

asy

I used a CPAP for a few years, now I've lost weight I've also lost my Sleep Apnoea .

I had one which has a humidifier on the front, but I rarely used it as it's just too humid here anyway, so no point. Must admit, though, I didn't like it in the dead of winter, when the air was coooooooold. I don't know how you guys cope in the snowy climes...  Hope your houses are heated well!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

brdmkr

My wife uses one and there is not humidifier.  She has had it for years w/o any problems.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

thedeeredude

Mine has a tank heater and a tube warmer, but it was just to cold.  I forgot the tube warmer so I wrapped my flannel shirt around it and it still didnt do much.  I had sleep apnea even before I was heavier, but then they put me on a medicine for a different condition and it made me gain a lot of weight an now the apnea is somewhat worse.  If I dont use my cpap machine I get tired, very tired for days afterwards.  And I wake up with a really sore throat and weird sinuses.   The machines are a blessing and a pain at the same time.

junkyard

Had a cpap for 8 years before that I could fall asleep standing up, always tired. Now at least I sleep three to for hours before I have to get up to pee. Arthritis keeps me from doing much so it is hard to lose weight. At 68 I  seem to spend a lot of time in my barcalounger.
     Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Thank You Sponsors!