iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got a job

Started by carhartted, April 16, 2003, 12:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carhartted

After a few weeks of searching I finally found a good job that will last the summer.  I will be working at NC Machinery in Fairbanks, AK.  They are the local CAT dealer.  I was able to get an internship, that means I will get colledge credit for it. :)  The lame thing is I have to still pay for the credit hours even though I won't be getting any instruction from a prof.  >:(  

I start the first week of May, I wish I could start sooner but road restrictions just went into effect and aparently business really slows down.  

This works out great because I will get expeirence on the yellow stuff and the shop is only 3 miles from my apartment.  Last summer I worked at a gold mine and had to drive 30 miles each way, not good when you drive a Suberban.

Thanks for listening I just had to tell someone.  ;D

Jonathan
Here's to making sawdust.

Bud Man

Congratulations: Sounds like a win win, Get credit and get paid too ! Tuition is a form of dues but sounds like you're going to get the experience of hands on in the field of your choice, get credit, and get paid not to mention only three miles from Home.
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Jeff

cool. remember you have some cat guys here if you ever need any cat trivia for work. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dail_h

A paying job is always a good thing,one you like and close to home is as my girls say MO BETTER
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

MrMoo

The 3 cats Hot Shot, Holstein, & Foxey that run my place are thrilled to hear you are on board  ;D

OneWithWood

Way to go CH! Sounds like this summer will be educational and rewarding :P 8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Mark M

Hi CH

Sounds good! I know a few fellows who work at NC and they are a good bunch. I first started working at Butler Machinery in 1974 when I was 19 and have had the yellow blood ever since.

Good luck

Mark

Tillaway

Good for you, hang with those folks.  

The funny thing is that a colleage of mine just made the break out of Forestry.  He will be working Petersen Cat as a mechanic after he completes allot of training.  He just started Monday and boy is he happy.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Weekend_Sawyer

Congratulations CH, I also came off of layoff a last month. I had been working construction to keep the bills going.
 I have been on 12 hour night shift since then with a 1 hour commute through Washington DC. Well on Monday I start my next project, it's a day job  based near home. I'll be Installing satellite data processsing equipment in various locations around the country.

By day a mild mannered systems engineer but on the weekends he becomes the Weedend Sawyer!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dugsaws

Good to hear you got a decent job and only 3 miles away, it just doesnt get a whole lot better
Doug

Thank You Sponsors!