iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need help with jd-440 skider

Started by egel, October 18, 2007, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

egel

I NEED HELP WITH JD440 SKIDER. THE BLADE WILL NOT STAY UP, IT WILL CREP DOWN SLOW. WE REPLACED THE CONTROL VALVE,WHICH I GOT FROM"LORIG" AT A MUCH BETTER PRICE THAN JD HAD. I DONT THINK IT IS THE CYLINERS AS IT HAS GOOD DOWN PRESURE. THANKES FOR THE HELP EGEL

sILlogger

hello..this is my first post here.  Ive been thru the big town of shipman.  spend a year in Carlinville and used to cruise on shipman blacktop out to Beaver Dam.  Im a logger down here in S. IL (Carbondale, do the bulk of my work from Mt. Vernon south)  as for you 440 what model is it? ive ran a couple 440A's and a 440D.  is the blade going down as the machine is running or when it sits(more likely)  i remember a sawmill in between carlinville and Beaver Dam..tied in with that any way?
046 BB
MS 460
066 BB ported and polished
MS 660 muffler modded dual port
Honda Rubicon
2001 FXDWG
2001 Chevy Silderado

"Cut'em all and let the mill sort'em out"
"Whatever doesn't kill you just makes you stronger"
"Once you get the sawdust in your veins you never get it out"

BBTom

you say it has good down pressure, but does it stay down? 

If oil is not leaking on the ground, and you have replaced the valve, then it must be cylinders.

I vote for cylinder seals, not too hard to replace. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

IL Bull

I agree with that.  You can block off each cylinder and find the one that is bad.   :P
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

semologger

at least it is a blade cylinder. i had an eye on my steering cylinder break on my 648 JD a couple of days ago. that was fun getting it off to have it fixed. ypu can get to the blade cylinders pretty easy. i have two cylinders on my grapple that leak but hold pressure they will stay up alll night.

semologger

will one cylinder hold the blade up?

if its weak also wont it go down also?

i agree with it being a cylinder.

IL Bull

Yes the good cylinder when blocked off will hold the blade up.
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Thank You Sponsors!