iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am in need of ideas

Started by Ernie, September 14, 2007, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Does anyone have and ideas on how to get the dead animal smell out of a polyethelyene water tank.  I have no idea how the critter got in but it sure didn't get back out until it was mostly slime:( :( :(  It is a 3200 litre tank so I think baking soda is probably out of the question.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Furby

Just soak something that smells even worse in there. :)

Jeff

Man, I feel your pain. I never figured it out in an old jeep a few years ago that a bag of pigroast trimmings got left in for 2 months and tried everything.  The buzzards even circled our house.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Yeah, but it seems like the buzzards are ALWAYS circling your house Jeff. ;D

Jeff

It may be the best place to find a Furby carcass...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

WH_Conley

One of the younguns let some meat spoil in my new cooler one time, used baking soda, bleach and vinegar, individually and togather. Threw the cooler away. >:(
Bill

Tom

I'd dump some quick lime into the tank, fill it with water and leave it awhile.  Calcium Hydroxide would be my second choice.  It's the lime that is used in out-houses to help decompose the feces and kill the smell.  It probably won't take as much as you imagine.

limbrat

Call your janitoral supply and ask about a enzyne based drain treatment and mal-odor neuteralizer.
They are pretty common and used to treat odor and slime build up in floor drains. The enzynes digest organic deposits and are harmless, try for one with a high enzyne concentrate some of the cheap ones are diluted. If you can fill your tank, add a gallon or two and leave it for a couple of days it should take care of it.

I keep a qt. of the one i sell around here for ice chest and to get the fish smell off my hands.
ben

stonebroke

At farm stores they sell spray tank cleaner, It will remove some pretty nasty deposits.

Stonebroke

Thank You Sponsors!