iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ok, now do we have?

Started by ARKANSAWYER, April 14, 2003, 09:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

Ok now that we have the site are there any other Timber Framers Guild members on here?  I own a broad axe and have a TFG patch.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

sawinmontana

Glad to see this topic! I hope there's alot of interest, this is a real passion, hobby, or just plain how I waste my time when I'm not milling, logging, thinning, truck driving, or whatever else I'm doing trying to pay the bills!!

Yes, Arkansawyer I'm member of TFG.

Scott

Greg

QuoteOk now that we have the site are there any other Timber Framers Guild members on here?  I own a broad axe and have a TFG patch.
ARKANSAWYER

I am.

Went to the Burlington conference last fall, an interesting bunch of folks! The Japanese carpenters put in quite a show.

Greg

Jeff

I'm not but I am sure ready to learn something. Anytime this old house or one of the nearning channel shows has stuff on Timber Framing or old barns, I try to watch.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gryffynklm

I have been a TFG member for a short time. This looks like a good place to increase my knoledge about the wood side of framing.  

hiya

Back in 1978 I built a post and beam shop. I had worked on a lot of barns. Then studied some books on old barns. Drew up plans then had the lumber sawed form  trees I had. Cut the mortises and tendens in my old shop. Got a bunch of young guys from church and put it up in a couple of days.I also worked with a couple Amish who sawed and put up barns.  Had them help me on some reconstruction work on some barns that were run down.Ever since I was young I liked to listen to old timers lalk about how they used to do things. I learned a lot that way.
RichardinMd.

JoeyLowe

--
Joey Lowe

"Working towards perfection has to be a part of anything one does.  You've got to put yourself into it." ... Sam Maloof (chairmaker)

logman

I'm a member.  I also have a LT30 sawmill.  
LT40HD, 12' ext, 5105 JD tractor, Genie GTH5519 telehandler
M&K Timber Works

dail_h

I aint' yet,own a couple of nice morticing chisels and a slick.When IO worked at the flooring plant we sawed a lot of reclaimed beams,I learned a lot about how  they put those old buildings together.I wanted to build a frame just to do it,everybody said I was crazy.That's one of the first things I want to build when I get my mill going.Glad to know I'm not alone. How do es one join?
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

sawinmontana

Dail go to www.tfguild.org they have a great website and you can join there. It costs about $75 bucks a year but I think its worth it. They send out a real interesting magazine everyother month.

Another one I haven't joined yet but am going to is at www.foxmaple.com

Scott

ARKANSAWYER

TFG also has classes and different meetings mostly on the east and west coast.  There are classes for beginers and up to the experts.  Besides it is like the coveted FF hat,  when you get it you are one of a few.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!