iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ms 250 needs help

Started by DWM II, September 09, 2007, 06:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DWM II

This saw was running all out, no signs of a problem. I went out to saw yesterday and the saw wouldnt run, it would crank as normal but would not run long enough to get warmed up. The only thing I saw obvious was a bad fuel line (dry rotted and cracked) so I found one local and replaced it.
Got the saw running again, and I mean it was screaming, was pretty sure I had it fixed so I put the saw away.
Went out later that evening after it cooled down a bit and the saw would not run again, the exact same problem again.

What can I check now?

Thanks, Donnie
Stewardship Counts!

SawTroll

Tank vent - if it runs with the fuel cap off (do a test).

Change the fuel filter also, if it is dirty, or have been there for a long time.

Try the simple things first, before digging deeper into the saw.
Information collector.

Kevin

DWM II

Thanks Kevin, I saw that post this morning before I posted. The issue that is throwing me off is the fact that after I replaced the fuel line I was able to get the saw running, adjust the carb back to factory settings and that thing was running like a champ. I did inspect and clean the tank vent while I had it down, and yeah it was a little funky. I did also look at the fuel filter, it looked ok so I blew it through and reinstalled it (that could still be my problem). I will test the tank vent as mentioned just to be sure.
Stewardship Counts!

Kevin

You should have spark and a wet plug, that will eliminate some of the guess work.

ladylake

Donnie  Maybe a piece of the old fuel line got into the carb inlet screen, I'd check the carb for crud.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

DWM II

Thanks Steve I'll be sure to check that also, maybe Wed I'll have time to look at it again.
Stewardship Counts!

Thank You Sponsors!