iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

updates from the front.... Iraq through my eyes

Started by jjmk98k, July 21, 2007, 12:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Well, I have been here over a full weeks now... I have seen a lot of BS going on, but have seen a lot of humbling events as well.

Over here I am in charge of the Egress Shop, we maintain the ejection seats and canopy jettison systems for the A-10 Thunderbolt II, in the event of a crewmember having to eject from a disabled aircraft. We work 12 hour shifts and have 24 hour coverage..... there are 4 of us.... we work 7 days a week.

When we are not working on aircraft, we pass time tossing horseshoes or tossing darts.  Most of the guys that work for me or around me are in thier 30's or early 20's....

These guys are digging ditches to sink poles in the ground to build offices, decks and other "quality of life" things. So far from what I have seen makes me very proud... I mean, theres a 22 year old kid making lounge chairs out of 2x4's and plywood..... another one is painting a mural, others are studing to finish thier degrees.  Some of americas best are all around me.

Overall the additude is good, no one argues why we are here, we just argue over who's turn it is to stock the fridge with water bottles!

This base is so barren.... nothing for miles and miles.  We have had a few dust / sand storms and the average daytime temp is 108 in the shade... 124 in the direct sunlight! We do have one tree / shrub growing here and I am TRYING to take care of it by watering it once in a while.

jets take off and land 24/7 so you never get a full good night sleep as we are right next to the runway.

with all the bad, there is a lot of good and right now, there is no where I'd rather be than providing air cover for our guys on the ground.

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

sgtmaconga

Thanks for all you and your guys are doing. My brother is sitting on one of your seats over there so thanks in advance if he has to use it.

Measure twice cut once

Dan_Shade

thanks for the job you're doing over there.  I once heard that one of the ejection seat companies has a picture of every pilot that ever had to use one in their assembly area, it kind of brings home the importance of their job.

having that ejection seat work has to be a world of relief if you are unfortunate enough to need it.

everyone's job is important, and it all adds up to something bigger than any single part.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

DanG

Jim, I think I got a handle on just how you feel.  I filled a lot of sandbags and pitched a lot of horseshoes when I was on my "vacation."  Dug holes for bunkers and filled more sandbags.  Did a little carpentry to try and make life better, and filled more sandbags.  I "lived" in the middle of a heliport, and believe me, it does get better sleepwise.  A week just ain't enough time to get used to it.  After a couple of months, I was sleeping through mortar attacks. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Riles

We flew our missions in Afghanistan from an airbase in a neighboring Former Soviet Republic. You could tell when they got the rent check, they had money to buy fuel for the MiGs we shared the airfield with. They'd promptly spend their days practicing dive bombing on our tents. Yeah, it's noisy.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Norm

Thanks Jim and thanks to your fellow workers also. :)

The A-10 is one of my favorite aircraft and that one in the picture is a beauty.

ronwood

Jim,

Best of luck on your stay in Iraq. Hope all is safe.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Quartlow

Keep yourself safe over there Jim

The a-10 is an awesome aircraft. I've seen some pictures of some that came back missing major pieces and still flying. Here's to hoping the pilots don't need to use your seats!
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

pigman

Keep up the good work Jim. Keep your powder dry. ;) ( I guess that is not a proplem where you are loacted. ;D)

That is one fine looking "Hog" in the picture, warts and all.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

fstedy

Jim
Stay safe. Thats an awsome aircraft. I see them land at ACY sometimes while sawmilling. I assume they were practicing gunnery at Warren Grove range here in NJ. That gattling gun and the spent uranium bullets sure can do the job.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

ellmoe

Jim,
   Great to hear from you. Hope everyone stays well and that boredom is your biggest problem.
;DMark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Ironwood

Jim,

Thanks for your service. It looks like a sand dune or a dust storm iin the back round of the pic. ?

Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Part_Timer

That's an awsome postcard.  Stay safe and keep your head down.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

farmerdoug

Keep those guys flying. 8) 8) 8)

Saw one flying around over the market today with a mess of other military jets.  Selfridge ANG Base had their air show today.  Always enjoy watching those aircraft.

You guys stay safe over there.  Thank all the guys for their outstanding service for the USA.  I salute you all. :) :)

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jjmk98k

Hey guys, thanks for all the words... its good to see that! Ill post more pics as good ones come along and I am still working of my "sponsor" hat picture....

Had one of those " funny look on face" moments this morning......

As i was walking to work my maintenance officer stopped and we talked a while.... in conversations he asked "Jim, everytime I see you you're carrying your M-16 in one hand as opposed to using the sling...why?"

my response.... "Sir, if I need to use it .. i want it in my hands, not slung on my shoulder"

he looked at me with that deer in headlight look.... but he carries a pistol anyway..... I proceded to to tell the story...

see, my grandfather was in WWII and he taught me a little about hunting when i came of age and he always said..... always carry your rifle, that way when you see a deer, you dont lose time getting that rifle off your shoulder... I think it was a lesson learned fighting in Europe.....

it was also taught to the german army in WWII, always run with rifle in one hand, when you see WWII documentaries, watch and see how the germans ran with thier K98k rifles.

so I carry my M-16 just as I carry my 12 ga over / under shotgun and my bolt action .270 win hunting rifle... in my right hand....

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

DanG

Jim, I won't try and second-guess your method.  In your hand is a good place for your weapon to be.  But, I can also tell ya that when a four foot lizard runs out of the bushes at ya, that sling can come off your shoulder really, really quick. :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Part_Timer

Dang, my hunting buddy Leo went on the same "vacation" you did and tells of lizards big enough to stand flat footed and kiss a chicken. I think I'd carry my rifle in my hand too.  :)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Raider Bill

Thanks for all you guys are doing for us!

Love that Warthog! Used to base some at Syracuse, NY. My friend is CSM at Ft Drum, Used to go up the to watch them live fire. Seems they can almost stop dead in the air to deliver the love! ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

logwalker

Thanks for the reality check. We tend to forget how our freedoms came to be and how fragile they have become. Be safe and thanks for your service. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

ibseeker

Thank you for your service, it is appreciated and you all have my respect and good wishes.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

beenthere

jjmk98k
Sure glad you are able to keep in touch with the forum while in Iraq. Gives us a perspective that I, for one, didn't think about...that be all the support teams behind the equipment we have over there. Will be great when we can get you all home. I sent you a PM wondering how many support teams like yours that are needed for just the A-10 warthog. Maybe that is classified info, so forget if it is.

In the meantime, we are getting some good spin on the 50/50 proposal you proposed, and your USO and the FF should benefit from your "time" on the hot sand in Iraq. 
The 50/50 support of USO and FF here

thanks
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

moosehunter

Two weeks ago my best friend from high school was home from the army. He spent a year in Iraq as a tank commander. The stories that you never hear about from the media are endless.

jjmk98k, thank you for your service! Keep fighting them there or they will come here for the fight.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

TexasTimbers

Many sincere thanks for your service Jim, and your attitude about it. I would like to believe that most of the men and women serving over there do have the attitude that they are doing it for love of country, and if not for that, at least to uphold the oath they swore.

I heard a radio interview with a hispanic "contientious objector" the other day who did time for refusing to serve after he swore his oath. He didn't call it that but that's what it is. Now, he is promoting his book about it and I guess profiting from the sales of it. I wanted to crawl inside the radio and grab him by the throat. If he was truly a CO fine he should not have joined and I don't want to start that argument, but he should not be writing and profiting from a book about his shameful act.

Let us know if you need a care package of anything hard to get over there. Your wife/family I am sure are carrying the load but I bet could use some help and I know many here on the FF including myself would be happy to get a couple dozen cookies/batteries/softer tissue than G.I. or whatever you want. Place your order here I know we would probably be fighting over who gets to fill it. My idea I get to mail the first one! :)

We love the US of A, the Warthog, and Warthog Mechanics! 8) 8) 8)

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Teri

jjmk98k

What i (we) really need is some good entertainment. When there is down time, we are stuck with outdated movies on the AFN ( Armed forces network)... and its always cutting out.... usually in the good parts of the movie / show

what I would LOVE to see is any re-runs of the Stihl Timbersports challenges through the years..... I emailed Stihl to see if they have any DVD or VHS of those to send....

I must say, my horseshoe tossing is getting better, but when it hits 111 degrees like it did today, i tend to stay indoor in the AC as much as possible.

Really, we are set pretty well with provisions and other small things..... but no GI will ever say "no thank you" to home made cookies! The mail tends to take 4-8 days to get here from conus.

I personally need nothing but if you want to send something to help my younger troops out, PM me for details for mailing.  They like the simple things like cheesy mac microwave bowls.... any chef boyardee things... little debbie cakes.. LOL, you know, KID FOOD!!!!

loaf of bread ( like wonder bread, stuff that does not go stale right away),  peanut butter and grape jelly is ALWAYS a hit here!!!! the bread here is terrible and VERY dry....

food keeps us happy  8)

Jim

beenthere

Jim
We keep saying how good the "Chocolate Mint Explosion" cookies are (at least we keep voting for them to win ;D ;D), maybe we should each make some and send a dozen or three over in Jim's FF name.  8) 8) 8)
Think of the votes we might get for Paschale then   ::) ::) 8) 8)

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

OneWithWood

Hey Jim.
I think it is great that you have access to a pc and can get on the forum.  What more entertainment could you want?
I keep getting this picture in my head of you throwing horseshoes left handed holding that rifle in your right hand  :D
Lather on the sun block, keep those birds flying (the A-10 is one of the best) and get home as soon as you can.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

jjmk98k

LOL, when i am here at work, my rifle stays in the locker...... when I toss shoes.... my mind is on that!!!!

cant wear sunblock much as the dust sticks to it, then I feel like sandpaper....
Jim

OneWithWood

OK.  Some folks love feeling like sandpaper, but you don't seem to like it.
So....
Get a great tan, keep them birds flying, and get home as soon as you can  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ed_K

Jim, glad to hear the chow hall food is still the same  :D. Heard two a10s go over me this morning and that was with the hearing protection on,they are loud  :o. Stay as cool as possible.Check if the Red Horse troops are there, maybe you can get some patio mix . We poured a few between bridge jobs.
Ed K

Tim L

Thank you for your service . I know its been said before but it's not said often enough .
Do the best you can and don't look back

Slabs

Jim

I want to express my most sincere gratitude for your service in armed combat for our country.  Nobody ever said that to me.

I had a couple of those "All expense paid vacations to beautiful and exotic Southeast Asia" with DanG.

My "Little Boy" just got back from his second tour with Navy EOD and with "all his fingers and toes" as he described it.  The best phone call I ever had.

Best of luck to you and it's great to see the "Wart Hog" still flying.  That should've been an Army bird.

Thanks
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Woodbender

Jim - It's been said over and over - but I sure appreciate your service and what you do. 

I grew up a military service brat (Jarhead- born and raised in the Marines).  I was a kid when Slabs and DanG were on their tour, but I saw it as a kid from the inside and what it did to families. We were living on the base when Dad went over seas.

Guys like you over there see it up close and personal and do a daily gut check.  Most of the talking heads back here don't/won't/can't have a clue what's going on over there or all the GOOD that you guys are doing there.  They're too busy stacking their agenda to deliver truth.

It takes guys like you to make it work.  Do what you know you have to do and do it the best you know how. The kids working for you need you and so do the guys in the air. 

Every Sunday in Church we pray for our service men and women in harms way over there.  Now I have your name to go along with that!

We're praying for your safety and safe return.
Tim Eastman (Woodbender)
Be an example worth following.

Darin

The last time I tried to post links its wasn't allowed,so I won't post it, but there is a great video going around on YouTube. Just do a search for Kaminskis George Scotts video. This is a really great video.

derhntr

I spent a year there from Dec 04 to Dec 05, so I know what you are going through. Just be glad that your not on convoy ops.

Brian
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

low_48

Hey Jim,
How about listing a mailing address? Might be a good thing to let us know how to get some care packages over to you and the others around you.

jjmk98k

Low_48

I prefer not to publicly post an address here, but I will PM it to anyone who is intersted in sending stuff to the troops. Ill accept it and distribute it. Little debbie cakes bring big smiled to the guys and gals LOL

We are due to rotate out in september, so I will say a cut off date for mailing would have to be August 20.

Thank you to all who have written and expressed thier thoughts, I share the posts with my friends and we all appreciate the support.
Jim

Carries-Mom

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you fighting for us.  Please be careful and we are praying you all make it back here safe.

jjmk98k

Some days are good, some days are bad..... By now some might have read about the Helicopter crash in western Iraq.....

Today I went for breakfast and while the hash browns were good and the biscuit and gravy was better than usual, but I could see the look on the Marines eyes. Its kinda somber.... even though I dont know those who died.... I might have sat next to them at chow, on the bus or bumped into them at the BX.....

At the dining facility....there is always a small table and one chair.... all off to its self, alone..... there is a place setting for one person...we walk past it each time in the chow hall.... it symbolizes a comrade who is not with us.... so walking past it today was especially difficult.... especially when I think of the 5 families who will have the same one place setting alone at the dinner table......

:-[

At first i didnt want to share this, but I felt you folks needed to know. The news does a good job of telling the raw facts, but they suck at telling the emotion side of it.....

Jim

Jim

scsmith42

Jim, thanks for sharing.  There are many dimensions to our involvement in Iraq, and you are indeed correct that the news does not address them all.

Your words are powerful and eloquent.  Those FF members who have served their countries probably remember similar feelings to the ones that you describe from their own experiences.  For the rest of us, your words help us more vividly understand some of the costs of helping others obtain the freedom and liberty which we so cherish, as well as the price that we must pay to protect ourselves from those who wish us harm.

For you and your comrades, our heartfelt thanks for your service, sacrifices, and the risks that you are enduring on our behalf.

Shortly after we became involved in Afgainstan and Iraq, Anheiser Busch sponsored a TV Commercial that showed a group of soldiers walking through a busy airport.  In the commercial, other travelors and airport employees stood up and started clapping when the soldiers walked by on their way to deployment. 

I saved the video from that commercial on my computer, and take a few minutes to watch it on a regular basis.  It is a wonderful representation of the feelings that so many of us carry within.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jeff

Norm

Scott I couldn't have said it any better, thank you, and Jeff thanks for posting the clip. :)

Roxie

Say when

asy

Great clip, Boss.

Thanks.

Jim, I sure hope knowing you have friends who care for you helps some. Keep us posted.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

bitternut

I don't know how any American could watch that video clip and keep a dry eye. I know I wasn't able to. Thanks for posting and thanks to Jim and the others who are serving. May God bless you all and watch over you.

WDH

I have personally experienced that scene in the Atlanta airport (and was a thankful participant).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

jjmk98k

Jim

KarenKae

Jim,
I am new to the Forum and I work for Arky here in Flippin, Arkansas. 
He is a former soldier too and I never get tired of hearing the stories.
Thank you and all of our brave people there, men and women, who serve.
We appreciate you and pray for you always to be safe and return to your loved ones here in the States.
Do please tell us any stories you have that are not classified.  The word picture of the empty chair broke my heart and although I do not know any of you serving there personally, I felt close to you all the same.
You are on our prayer board as are all the troops so I hope you can convey to everyone there how much we love you all and wish the best for you.
Karen

sparks

My son-in-law is in Iraq on his second tour with armored division. He's been thee now 4 months. They were on patrol and they spotted a sniper on top of a building. Sniper commences to fire on them. My son-in-law says he was lucky the guy was a bad shot. He got grazed in the arm and their tanks swung aroung and took out the base of the building so if fell in on itself. They found the sniper, or what was left of him as well as 7 other insurgents in the rubble. They took my son-in-law to the hospital for treatment and antibiotics. He is back with his unit kicking butt and taking names. I'm proud of him and all our boys where ever they serve. I told my son-in-law that if they didn't have that old age limit thing, I'd be right beside him.
Keep your arms in tight and your helmet on straight. Keep a sharp eye and stay safe. You boys are in our prayers daily.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

red

I just came across this posting today

keep up the good work Jim !
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

TexasTimbers

My wife and I are totally bummed. We put together a care package for a guy Jim told us about and mailed it on the 8th of this month. It still has not arrived. It's not the feeling of loss over the money (over $100 worth of stuff) but the fact that he probably isn't going to get it. I had sent a letter to him that was seperate from the packaage the very same day and he got that in less than a week.

My wife even sent our battleship game. Yeah I have a wife who loves to play battleship. :)

The package was full of goodies. Home baked cookies and magazines and all manner of snack foods. 27 pounds of it.

This is a real bummer. Any ideas on how to find anything out? The post office says they can't help. I have the customes declaration and the postage reciept but there is no tracking number of any kind. My wife figures it simply got stole by some low life who knew it had goodies in it. Jim have you heard of many people not getting packages they knew were mailed?

beenthere

I heard back from Jim that our package arrived, in just less than a week. All I declared on the customs form was "cookies".  (if ya put down "battleship", that might have slowed its progress  :) ).
Sorry to hear it hasn't made it.
south central Wisconsin

TexasTimbers

I didn't mention the word battleship. :D

All I listed was "Magazines/Non-perishable Food" But the box was quite large and heavy I wonder if they picked it for a random search. If so, I can't imagine anything in there that would have made them not send it. Seems we would have heard something from someomne.

jjmk98k

THNAKS to all that shipped us over a package!!!! Everything was a welcomed gift!!!! Teri, KevJay, beenthere and Reddog to name a few..... you guys are all great!!!!!

thanks so much for your continued support....

No more packages should be sent as we're on the downhill slide and I am pretty excited about that!!!!!!!

see the USO pledge post for a situation update.

Jim
Jim

TexasTimbers

Jim,

Are you saying that you did finally get it ???

jjmk98k

Jim

TexasTimbers

Jeff

If there is any one reason in the world to put on a photo bigger then what the forum guidelines are, it's this one right here.

Thanks for all you and all the rest of our soldiers do for us Jim.

beenthere

Amen to that, Jeff. Glad to see the pic of Jim. 

8) 8)  Hope his planned return goes well for him.
south central Wisconsin

Reddog

Quote from: beenthere on September 03, 2007, 11:49:51 AM
Amen to that, Jeff. Glad to see the pic of Jim. 

8) 8)  Hope his planned return goes well for him.

Ditto to that!

pigman

Must be some good game over there, Jim has his  hunting rifle ready. ;) ;D
Bob

Haytrader

I heard they are fun to hunt but no good for eating.
;D
Haytrader

jjmk98k

From what the Marines tell me,

fried Insurgents... they "taste like CHICKEN"

Thats our GAU-8A Avenger cannon, produced by GE....... shoot about 40, 30mm rounds per SECOND..... can defeat any known armor plate or insurgent's head...

so the FF hat made it to Iraq!!!!

Jim

Roxie

Put's a tear in your eye.  What a great picture!   :)
Say when

Patty

Taste like chicken............too funny!  :D :D

Come home safe Jim.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Jim, love that hat.  Be safe......I got money on you ;D.

KarenKae

Jim,
We are PRAYING you in!!! Get home safely with all your troops.
Thanks for all you do so we can sleep safely at night.

jjmk98k

Hello all!!! again, thank you for all the support through this deployment, it has made being here a little easier on me!!!

Jim

Jeff

pigman

I like the second picture with the pink flamingos. 8)  The picture has a weird tan color to it. :-\   In the first picture I see Jim still has his hunting rifle ready.

Bob

Haytrader

I notice that they have them hold the 16 different than we did.
What is the thinking?
Looks awkward to me.

Not pickin on you Jim as I have noticed this on a lot of news clips we get.
Haytrader

jjmk98k

second picture if os a sandstorm here... they stink!!!!  Just had one yesterday

I rest my rifle on my IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit), its my "ready" position.... many guys sling thier rifles, I cannot stand that! To me, when i need my rifle, i want it IN my hands, not slung on my shoulder.  But we are forced to sling the rifle even at the chow hall because we have to have it on us as we sit and eat....

Jim

Jeff

beenthere

Is Jim planning to row his way home soon??

Or did he just row his boat ashore? ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin

jjmk98k

Thanks for posting the pics jeff!!!

The first one, myself and my friend SrA Troy Chapman are posing for Sheetz (convenience store and gas station) after they sent us 50 travel cups and almost 200 bags of coffee...... notice, my rifle is NOT slung....

The middle one, I was walking to work and as i walked past that A-10 I thought it would make for a nice picture...

Third one.... When a bunch of bored Air Force guys get together, we build things...... the deck was built by guys from my unit who we normally work on Ejection seats, Hydraulics, Fuels, Ground service equipment...ect..... we built the deck, and the little boat..... all as we sung in our heads that George Strait song "Ocean Front property"
Jim

Corley5

Are all Air Force personel issued the full length Colts or are some of you carrying carbines ???  Seems like a shorter version would be more convenient ???  Keep up the good work and be careful!! :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

jjmk98k

Corley5 Most  Air Force people ( Except Security forces) carry the full M-16A2 and to be honest, I like it better than the M4 carbine due to its better accuracy at distance.

Not like most Air Force people will ever have to use the weapon, but last time i qualified with it, i scored a perfect 50 out of 50.... gaining me "expert" status ( as always)....... and give me a joke to use.....

some guys here have not so good scores, so when someone says they scored a "35" or something, i say, "good!!! you can stay in my foxhole and keep my magazines filled for me as I do the work"..... 8)

Jim

submarinesailor

Hey Jim,

Will you be back stateside by the 18th of September?  There is a very good chance that I will be in a meeting at Willow Grove the morning of the 18th.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!