iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

She's gone

Started by moosehunter, September 06, 2007, 07:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Boy oh boy am I lost without her :(

My Kubota broke Saturday and it had to go to the dealer. Front Differential is making bad noises and locking up. Looked like it needed special tools that I don't have, so I took it in. Now I gotta work on the honey-do list 'till my tractor gets back smiley_crying

a very sad mooshunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Burlkraft

You've had a tough week Moosehunter....... :-\ :-\ :-\

Too bad we're not closer, I'd let ya borrow mine, as it's still off limits for me......

Jill's thinking....Kubota moves logs to mill.....mill is for sawing logs...Steve can't saw logs yet....Kubota is off limits.... :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

bedway

Moosehunter, I know the feeling. This past spring i was gradeing my driveway and mine made a funny noise and hyd. oil started running on the ground. An internal bolt (which someone hadnt tightened correctly with a locking cap) came loose and got caught between the main drive gear and the transmission case. It busted the case and put a hole in it. Dealer said it would be about 2,000.00 to fix it. I tore it apart and cost me littler over 100.00. JB weld and new gaskets. Its been fine since! A man and his tractor should never be separated. :D,,,,bedway

DanG

Yer Kerboder broke?  I didn't think they did dat. ???
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Stump Jumper

just blew a hyd hose in the JD skidsteer. hopfully have a part tomorrow .glad the custemer had some tools i have it all apart in his drive. got concreat lined up for monday

i feel your pain  :'(
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

moosehunter

DanG, niether did I :D dats why I bought it!

But working on cars and trucks for the last 27 years has taught me that anything CAN break, just give it enough time and an inopertune time to do so ;D

Norm

I tell you what moosehunter I'd be hard pressed to say which I'd miss more, my tractor or my wife.

I better watch it, she'll probably take the tractor with her. :D

Don K

bedway, same thing happened to my Massey. Don't know what caused it but it bosted a big hole in the back housing. Didn't wait for repairs, just traded up to a bigger tractor. I needed a stronger loader anyway.

Don

P/S I would definitely miss my wife more but she thinks the love of my life is the tractor. :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

crtreedude

Will I be banned from the group if I mention we now have a full-time mechanic? He just completely rebuilt our tractor - man is it sweet now.  8)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Tom

Does it have a #1 button for English now?

crtreedude

:D Actually, most things here are in English - nobody reads the instructions anyway...

crtreedude

One of the joys  :-\ of ownership here in Costa Rica is that if you own it, you are supposed to use it - or be able to. Like horses. We need horses for various things - transportation is one. I happen to be a decent rider but not like the Ticos. We can't buy anything without me needing to test it.  ::)

So, we are using the tractor to move gravel and sand into position for making a floor for the new workshop. Nelson has years and years of experience with a tractor - me? Until last week, I have never driven one. Well, Nelson runs down to town and our workers finish filling the dump wagon with gravel. Time to move it - no fear, the Patron is here! I am happy to say I did just fine, but it had me wondering for sure.  ::)

Fla._Deadheader

Wait'll the first time ya start down a slick hill, and the taars go to turning backards. Brakes are yer enemy.   ;D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

Quote from: stump_jumper on September 06, 2007, 12:31:11 PM
just blew a hyd hose in the JD skidsteer.

Up until recently we had no Deere dealer, the one dealer went bust last fall and a dealer on the Island came around with a parts truck every week to fix stuff. That's the second dealer in 20 years to go under. I don't blame JD, I blame these high flyers running these dealerships who try to make themselves look larger than life and living beyond their means.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mike_van

Moosehunter, you might be sadder yet when you get the $bill$ from the dealer -  smiley_furious3
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Ianab

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on September 06, 2007, 06:00:57 PM

Wait'll the first time ya start down a slick hill, and the taars go to turning backards. Brakes are yer enemy.   ;D :D :D :D :D

Ahh.. that brings back memories.
Baling hay for Dad, farm was fairly hilly, even the hay paddocks. A couple of places you had to just run down the hill, no other way of covering the ground. Dry hay doesn't have a lot of traction  ;D
The diff lock was your best friend ;) But with the baler's ram kicking the tractor in the backside every 10 feet, sometimes you still just skated to the bottom  :o

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Striker

I think you will find that John Deere and some of the others have image standards that they expect their dealers to live up to. It would be very tough to start a dealership nowadays when you have to build a showplace. Our JD dealer was a better place to do business when they still had there old store that was cramped and cluttered.

Jeff

Corley5

After having a Bobcat around for several months now I can say I'd be lost without it.  Using the loader on the 300 Farmall just isn't the same anymore but it's there as a backup  8) ;D :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Don_Papenburg

Striker , you got that right ,  International  shot themselves in the foot in the 60s by telling all the dealers that they needed large buildings of their design. If you did not go along you were dropped .  A lot of small towns lost dealers  ,and IH lost sales .   Deere wants alldealers to have more than one store.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Don P

QuoteActually, most things here are in English - nobody reads the instructions anyway...
I kinda doubt most folks on this side do either. I got a page today with instructions in 4 languages, takes me half the time to figure out where I am. I'm not entirely sure the writer had ever done the task before  :D

Wait till they get you to parallel park a 4 wheel wagon  ;D.

crtreedude

I will have you all know that where I was working was tight, but flat - REALLY flat since it had been leveled for a building. A man has to know his limits.  :D

I tend to be of the opinion, when in doubt, DON'T. My value to the company isn't in my abilities with tractors for sure.

moosehunter

I finally got a call today. $900. for a bearing that went bad in the front differential. Three and a half years with 634 hours. My love affair with Kubota may be over. :(

Burlkraft

Quote from: moosehunter on September 13, 2007, 04:19:54 PM
My love affair with Kubota may be over. :(

Oh come on now..........I'm sure the wife cost ya more than that a time or two..... :D :D :D :D

Give the orange girl a second chance..... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

moosehunter

I'll give the orange girl another chance, I am just a LOT less likely to replace her with another orange if the need for a larger model ever comes about.

I'll never replace the wife, no matter what she costs :D she's too good to me ;D

Dave Shepard

You see, this is where Kubota went wrong, they are so good, that when one person actually has to make a repair, they loose all faith in the brand. Now, if Kubotas had a lot of small breakdowns, say once a month, then you wouldn't be so surprised be the big breakdowns. I have had to replace a few things on my L48, but only because I ripped them off working somewhere a rubber tired machine has no place. (Don't even ask me what I was doing on top of that stump pile :-X) I will admit to having to do my first (non abuse) repair in almost seven years and 1400 hours of service, the temp sender for the glow plug controller died, $10.00, and it was in stock.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Handy Andy

You guys are cryin over peanuts.  The powershift gave up on my old 4450 JD last winter, only 24 years old and 5400 hours, a bolt broke in the transmission, and to get it back cost me 21700.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

moosehunter

Andy, I don't think we are comparing apples to apples ::)

For 21700 I could trade mine for a new one and get some change back!!!!

I never did finish this story so thanks for bringing it back up.

When I went to pick up the tractor the bill was indeed $900 but it was wrong. I had taken back a wrong part that I had for awhile and insted of crediting me for it they charged me for it!
By the time we got the bill straigtened out the repair was only $650.
I then ordered a shop manual so that I can fix it myself next time.
mh

olyman

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on September 06, 2007, 10:34:55 PM
Striker , you got that right ,  International  shot themselves in the foot in the 60s by telling all the dealers that they needed large buildings of their design. If you did not go along you were dropped .  A lot of small towns lost dealers  ,and IH lost sales .   Deere wants alldealers to have more than one store.
international--what do you think the deere co did to all the dealers?????????????????????? if they wanted to build a new store--they had to follow deeere plans--or lose the dealership--no joke---seen it---7 of them closed in this area--as the farnm economy hit wrong--*DanG deere---and i retired from the  factory!!!!!!!!!! now people have to drive about 40 miles to get to a dealer--nuts!!!!!!!!!!  and the one that closed just outside our town--cost----------------1.25 mil---i knew the contractor!!!!!

Thank You Sponsors!