iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AARRRRRRRRRRRRGH AARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Started by Fla._Deadheader, August 29, 2007, 06:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

Naw, we don't have to talk about leg cramps.  Ain't ya been watching how threads go off course all the time?   :D

Now about costumes and winning prizes.....this is Cowboy Bob and I dressed as Raggedy Ann and Andy at a Halloween party a few years back.  We came in second for best costume.  A two year old in a duck outfit beat us outta first. 

Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

Roxie, Aint you guys the cutest! I just want to set you two up on a couch and let you pretend to watch TV.

Last Saturday I had a big cramp in my forarm from working on my hunting blind. At one point my hand locked back and I dropped my framing hammer. I took a break, had a banana, bottle of water and switched to the other hand to keep hammering. Sunday I made sure I drank alot more and didn't have any problems.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Fla._Deadheader

Nice Hi-jacking guys.  ::) :D :D :D

I'm sure that my problem was-is lack or water, of sorts. Maybe even electrolytes.

Down here, you can hang out wet laundry under a porch roof, and even though it rains
a LOT, day AND night, the clothes still dry within 2 days. That's with little sun and no wind.

It's easier to dehydrate here, than anywhere I've been in the world, so far  ::) ::)

I always consume 3-4 litres of water within 6 hours, when sawing, and, that's not working hard all the time, with moving logs and cleaning, and sharpening, and fueling, and etc.
  Hardly need to (go) during that time period.  ??? ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

You are right about dehydration here - it is easy for it to creep up on you. They say too that as you get older, that your thirst gets a bit out of whack - you need water but don't feel thirsty. Think that is why we start to wrinkle up with old age...  ::)

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Steve

I lived near Hilo on the big island of Hawaii for 13 years with temps and humidity much like you have and I could NEVER get used to it. 90 degrees and 89% humidity. It just took it out of me.
It was only when I could work at about 5,000 feet elevation would I begin to feel like I could live through a day.
I would drink two quarts of Gatorade a day plus lots of water. I swear the Gartorade felt like it didn't even make it to my stomach, it was absorbed on the way down.
Steve
Hawaiian Hardwoods Direct
www.curlykoa.com

Patty

Roxie great minds think alike. I looked all over for that picture of you and C-Bob and was unable to find it. Maybe this year you two can be pirates.   ;D   Perhaps C-Bob can be Captain Hook and you the damsel in distress!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Fla._Deadheader

Quoteand you the damsel in distress

::) ::)  Trust me, Patty. That title will NEVER fit Roxie  ::) ::) ::)

I think CB is the one in distress.  ::) ::)

Hi Roxie  :-*
   First, it is ridiculed;

crtreedude

Roxie - he only says these things because he thinks he is safe down here - I hear Spirit airlines has very cheap flights is you need one...  ::)

Fla._Deadheader

You just don't get it, Fred. Roxies my buddy, right Roxie  ;) :) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

LeeB

In high humidity areas you can actually drink too much water and flush out the electolights you need from excessive persperation caused by your body trying to cool itself. Least wise that's what I read someplace.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

SwampDonkey

Well I could take the hi-jinks outta Fred, Harold. Just get him thinning brush for a week on them side hills. I bet that'll cut in on the cycling time. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

SD, you'll never catch Fred working. He has 20 some employees.  8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

Now, Deadheader....I certainly CAN be the damsel in distress (when it works to my advantage).  Not too long ago, a tall handsome member of the forum had his arm around me as I wept silently after my tractor was sold.  You and I just have a different kind of way of relating, but I've gotta give you credit, you always make me wanna reach out and touch somebody.    smiley_whip

Patty, I'm still working on this year's costume idea....pictures will follow.   :)
Say when

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

crtreedude

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on September 11, 2007, 07:58:28 PM

SD, you'll never catch Fred working. He has 20 some employees.  8)

Twenty -five as of this morning - oops, 26 just hired another one!

Hey Harold - it is a lot of work keeping all these cats heading in the right direction!

SwampDonkey

For sure, no matter who they are.  ;D

Corley5

Quote from: Roxie on September 12, 2007, 08:52:18 AM
I wept silently after my tractor was sold.

I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss.  :( :( :) :) 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Roxie

Thank you for understanding Corley.  It was my first tractor love and nothing can really replace the way I feel about it.  It was a '57 Case 400 and inside the gas engine was the heart of a steam locomotive.  It never failed to fire up on the first go, and I loved tractor pulling with it.  I think what made me feel particularly sad was that it was purchased by a collector and now it's inside a temperature controlled room and it's only taken out for exhibits.  No more field work, no more tractor rodeo's in the pasture.   :'(
Here's a picture of it:

I sure do miss her.........

Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

Roxie,

I remember that day well, the pleasure was all mine.

... don't tell Bob... ;)

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!