iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jeff has a new title

Started by thecfarm, August 28, 2007, 11:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I just notice jeff's title,Lead Administrator Board Moderate.Did anyone else get a new one?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Thats not new, yer just slow. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

What? You type too fast,I can't read it.  :-[
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

TexasTimbers

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Tom

Ouch!!   I had a horse do that to me one time.  It's a wonder I wasn't killed.  What a dangerous position to be

crtreedude

I had a horse slip under me last week. We were going down a hill and he didn't have horse shoes. He slipped and went down on his side - I just stepped out of the stirrups and nearly managed to stand up. No big thing. A horse rearing is much more dangerous because - as you can see in the photo, they are ready to squash you like a bug.  :o

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Faron

I had one do that too.  Almost dumped me onto a steel fence post and barbed wire fence. :o  He tried it again the next day.  I was ready and explained things with a plastic bat. ;)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Kevin

Maybe he just wanted a cookie.  ;D

beenthere

My horse, when I's a kid started rearing up like that, and rolling back over the saddle, trying to get me off (which worked  ;D).  I couldn't figure out how to stop her. I would just see it coming and step off to the side, until that one day she plastered me against the side of the barn...hard. Took me awhile to recover that one.
Didn't have a plastic bat like Faron, but a wood one instead. Thought, since she first would throw her head back whenever she was going to set down and roll back, I'd just tap her between the ears with the bat.  Well, the combination of my swinging the bat forward and her throwing her head back, turned out not to be a 'tap'. Instead it hit her hard and I thought I'd killed her.  Her head went down to the ground as her knees buckled, and her eyes rolled back in the sockets. Momentarily, she recovered...and NEVER reared her head back again. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

crtreedude

We are pretty lucky. We have more than a few people who are better riding than walking I think. If a horse is acting contrary - I just point to the horse and say "Go straighten out ole Brimstone for me would you?" Ole Brimstone will be right as rain in a couple of days.

It is a wonder to watch people who grew up on horses ride them. I am pretty good - but nothing like they are.

Bro. Noble

Beenthere,When we decided to start milking and were starting to build our barn,  a friend gave me some advice on two things that I should have done-----it would have saved me a lot of pain and suffering >:( >:(

The first one was to keep a ball bat in the barn and when a cow kicked,  apply it to her head until she cried "uncle".  That really works.  Iguess it's like butting heads with another cow----they have to learn who's the boss. 
milking and logging and sawing and milking

sawguy21

You must have had smarter cows, I've never seen one that could learn.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

crtreedude

Well, my solution would be butcher the cow right there and have a BBQ as a warning to the other cows.  ;D

Bro. Noble

The second suggestion was to put a bathroom in the barn ::)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tom

PawNature

When I was 6 years old I dad had a horse that wasn't broke to ride. after working him all day my brother and I figured he was tired enough to ride. So I was talked into trying him. He wasn't as tired as we thought. He came back on me like that with a full harness. I was lucky didn't get a scratch.
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

crtreedude

My dad told me a story about a horse he was plowing with. After finishing for the day, he decided to get on its back. The horse took off like greased lightening and then bucked him into a brier patch!  :o I guess having someone on his back wasn't part of the contract.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!