iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ugly logs

Started by Bibbyman, July 09, 2001, 07:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank_Pender

Hey, Kiwi Charlie, I am with you on the knot, to knock clear lumber.   It all has  its place, but when you can sell some of the ugly logs at a higher price that the clear, one begin to wonder. 8) 8) :'(
Frank Pender

KiwiCharlie

G'day Frank,

I still am amazed by the grain patterns I discover with each ugly (and sometimes not-ugly) log-slab.  At the risk of not sounding like a 'good Kiwi bloke', its a thing of beauty! ;D, and I feel privileged to be able to create it.
OK, back to the manly stuff! :D More Power, Beer, V8's etc etc[/color]
Cheers mate,
Charlie.  
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

ADfields

KiwiCharlie you are behind the times!   It's V10's now not the little old V8's.
Andy

KiwiCharlie

G'day AD,

Sorry to tell you this, but over in Aussie, the V8 Supercars (a class of racing) are consistantly blowing the race class Vipers off the track!! ;)
Are there any other American cars now with the V10?
All the V8 competition down here is the classic Holden(GM) vs Ford battle.
My Dads favourite car of all time is the E-type Jag, V12.
If your interested, this is the website for the V8 Supercars.
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/

Cheers
Charlie.

Jeff

I thought ya'll was talking about the vegetable drink.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bro. Noble

Now your talking Jeff.  

My Dr. got real serious with me about my diet so my wife has been getting me healthy grub including low sodium V8 juice.  It's not too bad if you put some salt in it.

I've been hoping my Dr. would appear here.  He's going to a forestry class to learn how to do a better job of managing his woodlot.  He's even thinking about getting a little mill.

Maybe this will get him to join if he has been peeking in as a guest.  I was just kidding about the salt.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

C_Miller

You mean the salt doesn't make it taste better?
CJM

Bro. Noble

HI C
milking and logging and sawing and milking

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jeff,

If it werent for American TV shows down here, I would not have had a clue what you were on about.  I have never seen the juice here for sale.  Am I missing out on something great?
Cheers
Charlie.

ADfields

Well KiwiCharlie I, myself would not have a V10, I think thay are junk!   I have 4 Ford's, 2 are F250's that I put 460's in 1 is a F350 that I put a 5.9L Cummins in and my other 1/2's BroncoII with a 2.8 V6.   For racing I would run a V8 as well (460 or 429 Ford) but all I ever hear about now a days is the new V10's that cant be punched out or even timed hot from what I hear.   You are right, now if we can just get them to start making big block V8's at the big 3.   But sadley Ford no longer bilds 460, 429, 428, 390, 360, 351C or all the other great power plants thay did (but the 302/5.0L) now we have the V10's.   Same with Dodge, junk V10.   Now I dont even know what GM is doing but I bet thay still make the same small block thay have for neer 50 years now.

Take some Vegamite put it in a blender with some tomato juice and I think you would have V8 juice.   I cant stand the stuff!   I should try it with some salt in it like Noble.;)   I like all the stuff in it but put it all in one can and it just dont work for me.   Now HI-C is the drink for me!   I stoped diping Copenhagen 3 years back and every sence then I cant drink pop like I used to, just dont like it now.   So I drink ice tea or punch and HI-C is the best punch around! 8)
Andy

KiwiCharlie

G'day AD,

The 351C is a favourite of mine.  Up until a couple of years ago, Holden here (GM) were still using the 308 for even their hi-spec top-of-the-range models.  Just tweeked more than the standard.  Now they are using the 5.7 litre (Corvette or Trans Am?) motor as standard.
Check this out!
http://www.hsv.com.au/news/2002/pontiacf.html

And may I ask how you know about Vegemite? ???  ;) :D
I thought that was a local secret!
Cheers
Charlie.

Haytrader

My very first chat friend when I got my first "puter" over four years ago was from Tasmania. She sent me some vegemite to try. After looking at it and smelling it, I decided I wasn't tough enough to try it. :D

Now V 8 is good, especially the spicey version. I have been told it goes well with a beer, if you like a little kick to it.   ;)

HI C is way to sweet for me, but that is why we have so many options, so there is somthing for all of us.
Haytrader

Jeff

Ok, I think Vegemite is the down under plot to take over the world. We had a friend send us somes a couple years ago too. Same thing here, one look and NO THANK YOOOUUU.

See we're to crafty for ya, it didnt work!

KiwiCharlie

Aw C'mon Guys,

Youve got to be kidding me!  Vegemite, and Marmite (same thing, only has sugar added) is an institution here!!  Kids grow up on the stuff.  Its great on sandwiches, added as a stock to meat, its so multi purpose.  The English version is super strong, and you only need a smattering on your toast, but ours is extremely palatable.  You must have tried it, surely? ???  You eat the Kiwifruit dont you? The mites are far better! ;)
Now Twinkies, theres something that you should avoid.  Thats your attempt to take over the world! ;)  I finally got to try one in 1994 in Seattle, after seeing them advertised on almost all the back covers of the comics I read as a kid.  I wanted Twinkies so bad, mainly cause I couldnt get them, and they sounded TO GOOD TO BE TRUE.  Cream in a cake shell, what more could a boy want?  When I finally tasted one, it was OK, but I find it hard to believe that there is any natural ingrediants in them, it was a very chemically laced taste, so to speak.
Now, if anyone wants to try Vegemite or Marmite, I would be happy to send you a small pottle........
Cheers
Charlie.

P.S. Im serious.  

DanG

How is it on GRITS? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ADfields

KiwiCharlie
Well I first herd of  Vegemite in the song by your down under groop Men At Work (the 80's :) ) and that got me thinking about what it is.   I have never had it and would love to give it a shot.   Cant be as bad as all that can it?   Cant be as bad as Muctuc was, I tryed that hear in Alaska when I first moved up :-X   I like to know all I can about the world, I onley watch shows like your Alby Mangels Adventure Bound, This Old House, The Woodrights Shop and others that I can lern from.

It's a sad thing that the EPA in the good old USA is so tuff that we cant bild or even have that car hear!  
Andy  

Tom

What's a Pottle, Charlie?  :P  I assume "a small amount" but after Cattywhumpus I hesitate to use the word Ass-u-me. :-[  I sure would like a better definition of Veggimitwhatchamacallit.  It sounds more like a solid than a drink. :-/

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

DanG, Im sure Vegemite would give a whole new taste explosion to Grits!!  ;) :D

Tom, yes a pottle is just a very small jar or container.  You can get the stuff here in 1kg bottles, 500g bottles for the home, and pottles, probably to keep in the car  ;) in case your caught short while visiting or picnicing!! ;)
Its basically a yeast spread, now I know that sounds awful, but believe me, its not.
I will try to find a link for you to have a look at.
Cheers
Charlie.

KiwiCharlie

Tom

Thanks, Charlie.  It sounds like something I would have to try......at least, just once.

Even the advertisements DonT tout the taste, rather the Vitamin B.  I get the impression that this is more of a health food than a condiment. Perhaps I can find some locally. :-/

Texas Ranger

Ugh, sounds more like a yeast infection! :-X
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Sanitarium! Charlie is a Sanitarium the same thing there as it is here?? If so, that explains all I need to know.

Tom

You guys have no spirit of adventure. :D

Haytrader

The vegimite my chat friend sent me from Tasmania (and I looked at and smelled and tossed) looked somthing like the old blood bait we used to use to catch channel cat only it was more brown colored.  When I told her I didn't try it she scolded me. I knocked a few live ants in my chocolate pudding while in Nam and ate ant eater too but vegimite.......no thanks. Just not tough enough I guess. >:(
Haytrader

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jeff,

We dont call them Sanitariums here.  If you mention Sunnyside round here, we all know where that means!
Cheers
Charlie.

Thank You Sponsors!