iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

BioMax - Wood for heat and power

Started by beenthere, August 24, 2007, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Just ran across this techline, telling about converting wood chips to gas for electric power.

BioMax

Plans are to heat a small "carriage house" constructed of small-diameter timber at the Forest Products Laboratory in Madison, WI
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

A small group of investors are interested here in getting it going also. A former employee of mine has been trying to muster interest now for 2 years.

Government is dragging it's knuckles concerning investment in biomass energy because the pulp industry feels threatened by possible wood supply problems. Already one pulp mill wants to go off the grid and generate it's own power from wood if the government invests into it. Surplus power would be sold to the utility. The same mill is soon to be producing rayon for clothing to be made in India from dissolved pulp produced here. They are also seeking more government investment to make this happen.

Today the UPM pulp mill in Mirimachi put 600 people out of work for a minimum of 9 months.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!