iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lake States Logging Show .... Whos gonna be there?

Started by ADAMINMO, August 22, 2007, 12:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADAMINMO

Who will be at the Lake States Logging Show in Escanaba,MI in a couple weeks? Show dates are 9/6-9/8 .I'll be there.Maybe some FF yoopers will be there. 8)

trapper

not a youper but may be there
enjoyed it last year in Green Bay
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

beenthere

Burlkraft and I plan to be there, representin the Wisconsin FF Chapter.  ;D ;D  We don't qualify to be Yoopers either, but hopin that we can sneak in across the border undercover, or sumpthin. 

Hope to see you there too Trapper.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Nailhead

I'll be there on Friday. Hope to see a few of yous guys
"The Constitution does not grant rights, it recognizes them."

ADAMINMO

Tom_in_Mo and myself will be there.Yall feel free to come by and chat with us.Hope to see alot of FF members up at that show.I know there are many members up in that part of the country.Looking forward to the show.

Burlkraft

Did any of you Yoopers wanna git a Wis. Chapter shirt while yer there....... ??? ??? ???

The whole DanG Country needs one...We can all be one big (cheese) State..... ;D ;D ;D

Mebby Corley5 will buy one when he's buyin' a new Stihl saw..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

Dad and I are gonna be there Thursday or Friday.  Not sure which day yet.  I've already got a couple a them Badger special shirts and the Pig Roast was as close as I'll ever come to owning a Stihl  ;) ;D :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

Hopin' ta find some time ta swing by dat way. It's lookin' right now like Thursday may be my only chance.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

dewwood

Please note the show format has changed from previous years the show will not be open on Thursday.  I will be arriving on Thursday to attend the Hospitality hour as it is right on the site this year.

This year it is back at the UP State Fairgrounds in Escanaba and the format has changed a little.

Thur:Sept. 6, 2007 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM Presidents Hospitality Hour at the Fairgrounds registration is $10.
Fri: Sept. 7, 2007 Exhibits open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Sat: Sept 8, 2007 Exhibits open8:00 AM to 2:00 PM

Admission is $10 and covers both days.

Hope to see some of you there.  I will be camping on the grounds next to the exhibit field, mention you are part of the Forestry Forum and they may be able to put us in one area.

Here is a link to their site:
http://www.timberpa.com/loggingcongress/index.html
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Burlkraft

Me and Beenthere are goin' up on Thursday and staying in Menominee and drivin' up to the show on Fiday..... ;D ;D ;D

Corley5

ADAMINMO

Burlkraft,

Since you are going over to the atv ride and will see Jeff would you mind swinging by the Baker Products tent and getting a couple blocks for Jeffs porch and delivering them to him for me?I sure would appreciate it.
ADAMINMO

Burlkraft

I've already been assigned that duty....... :D :D :D

We'll see ya on Friday..... ;D ;D ;D

ADAMINMO

beenthere

Looking forward to seeing FF'rs at the Lake States show.

Anyone suggest a place/time to meet on Friday (and/or Sat.) to shake hands and chat?

Because this is AdaminMO 's thread, I'd suggest the Baker tent/booth at 11:00 am Friday.

Others can inquire of AdaminMO or Tom_in_MO of our whereabouts and any other watering hole meeting location we might plan. 

Haven't heard if the Forestry Forum truck is (or isn't) going to make it to the show (just a rumor). Will miss it and the Boss if they is a no-show... :) :).

Will be lookin for the FF hats.  Hope we don't wish for FF umbrellas... :D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

There would be a slim chance for us on Saturday but slim. I'll have to run it by ammyta.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

Burlkraft

Quote from: Jeff B on September 02, 2007, 03:14:57 PM
There would be a slim chance for us on Saturday but slim. I'll have to run it by ammyta.
Did you fall and hit yer head....... ??? ??? ???

Corley5

beenthere

Burlkraft and I checked in to the Congress' hospitable reception tonight, and ran into Dewwood and Ron Scott. Ron had some pretty good luck with the drawing, and will post some pics of his winnings. Burlkraft, who just finished saying he "never wins anything" had his number drawn and was a lucky winner.  8) 8)

Look forward to seeing more of you tomorrow, and it looks like a very good show.
south central Wisconsin

beenthere

Time to post a few pics of the show.

Met by rain this morning when we first arrived.

Then found ff member Peach in the Menominee Saw booth, and he is a knowledgable man alright.

Then headed for the Baker tent to get out of the rain and see Tom_in_MO and AdaminMO, and found Dewwood and Shotgun.

Turned around to find Shotgun (again), Corley5's Dad, Corely5 and Burlkraft (Zach couldn't come, as he had to be in school  :( )

Next door was the Woodmizer exhibit, shown here waiting for some visitors.

As well, as the Baker exhibit seen the day before the show started.

We searched the grounds to find Pasbuild and Nailhead, and by-golly we found them standin right there...with Nailhead's neighbor Frank.  ;D

south central Wisconsin

beenthere

I need to pass on that one of our FF members can be considered the one to set close to when there is a drawing.
Here is Ron Scott with his claim on the first win.

A carved eagle....very nice..

Then, within minutes Ron was back up front bringing another prize back....a pool toy.

Then, again and almost as quick, Ron was back up to collect a Deere prize (green things and may have been a shirt and cap).

Ron needed some help to get all this back to his campground.  ;D ;D   All this time, Burlkraft is crying that he NEVER wins anything.....HA!  ....  he put claim to a nice gift certificate.... 8)
south central Wisconsin

ADAMINMO

The show turned out pretty good.Rain most of the day Friday but Saturday was great.I met several FF members at the show.I got some pretty good pics to post as soon as I remember to bring them in to download them.I will say that if you had a tent at the show you were very popular at times.

Burlkraft

Adam....I guess we forgot to stop back and pick up them blocks..... :-\ :-\ :-\

We remembered at about Green Bay..... ::) ::) ::)

ADAMINMO

No problem ... I'll get them in the mail sometime this week or next.

Thank You Sponsors!