iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

peterson mill owners

Started by hansbaba, August 22, 2007, 12:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansbaba

I was just wondering if any of you have used track extensions on your mills? I just purchased some 6' extensions and the part of the track that the wheels ride on lines up horribly. They are about a 16th of an inch off on both sides (so a total of 1/8 total) It doesnt sound like much but it really is bad. I took some vice grips and a file and made it work but now the carriage moves about an 1/8th inch  in the middle of a long cut. Also now if I just use the regular tracks. I have to bend them back and file again. I know I should call Peterson about it but I dont want to cause I feel that the only time I ever call them is when I whine about a problem. I'd talk to them every week if I had to call them every time they made me smile!! Ahh heck, one of them is probably reading this now... Anyway, any of you ever experience this before??
Thanks, Hans.

DanG

Hans, I'm not a Peterson owner, but I know those folks and I'll bet they'd want you to call.  I wouldn't do any more bending and filing until I talked to them, either.  These sawmill makers, not just Peterson, are all targeting a relatively small but vocal market, so they want your experience with their product to be a happy one.  Go ahead and make the call.  If they make ya happy, make another call and tell Wife to cook them all a big pot of grits.  I know she has some, cause I sent'em to her about 3 years ago and they're still in the cupboard. ;D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Burlkraft

Go ahead and call them....The last thing they want is someone who is not happy.... ;) ;) ;)

The track pieces on the mill should fit properly and no filing should be required. I'll bet they'll be happy to hear from you.

Somebody in the office is probablly ready for your call because they have read this.... ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Part_Timer

make sure to call.  If something is wrong with a jig or setup in their shop you won't be the only one with the problem in the future. 
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

hansbaba

ok then, I guess I;ll have to call em.
thanks for the advise.

Captain

Like I said...give em a call.  I'm due to try my extensions out of the same batch this weekend.

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!